I485 RD:June'2002:: APPROVED

gcfarmer

Registered Users (C)
We got an email today that mine and my husbands 485 got approved.
It was a long journey for us.

I am explaining our case, hoping that it may help someone..

My husband's 485 was filed in June 2002 in VSC. After 4 months of filing he lost his job, but immidiately found a job in a different state, so started working on EAD. I was working in NJ on my H1.

We hirred my husband's previous company lawyer to continue to represent us.

We did not inform INS about the job change. Also since we maintained the primary address (in NJ) we did not file AR-11.

We had done finger printing twice.

Menawhile, my husband was filing for EAD/AP on his own (to avoid paying lawyer).

Meanwhile, I kept asking my company to start my GC as we were not sure what will happen to my husband's case.

Luckily, they found an approved labor matching my skills, and applied for my 140 and 485 in March 2004. My company lawyer suggested to apply for my hausband's I485 also thru me. He said he won't be out-of-status in case his case gets rejected. He also said that at one point INS may ask u to pick one case.. so we were tensed.

End of 2004, my husband moved back to NJ and we also change house, so we applied AR-11 for new address.

I didnot get finger print notice for my case, which made us more tensed.
Though my 140 ND date was March 2004, it never got touched.
We were sure that our case will get transferred to local INS office..because we read in many forums that INS gets confused when they see two simultaneous 485 filed for an applicant.

We did so many status enquiries (Infact once operator said that we have exceeded the maximum number of queries allowed on a case), contacted senator..but no help.

Then we heard news of retrogession...my husband's case was in EB3 category.

My husband sent two expedite request...wrote to Mr. Novak.. and also my husband's attorney send expedite request to Vermont stating that they are handling my husband's case unfairly..It is pending snce 3 yrs and they should act on it ASAP ..they should treat this as a spl case and should approve it before June 30th so that we again don't get stuck because of retrogession..

Then on June 27th we got e-mail that my 1-140 got approved...we waited till yesterday..hoping that they will approve my husband's case ...but did not get any e-mail/no LUD's ...so we thought now we have to wait....

And then today around noon, got e-mail that my husbnad's 485 got approved on 29th in which he was the primary applicant...and after few minutes got e-mail that my 485 was approved on 29th in which I was primary applicant thru my comapny...so we just missed the retrogession date.....

So, if anyone of u have two simultantous cases going on...don't get panic....VSC officers are logical and they handled our cases logically...

Good luck to every one...

Congratulations!!!
It's Cases Like Yours That Brings Back Hope To Us. Mine Is A 2003 Case. Enjoy!!!

gcfarmer said:
My husband's 485 was filed in June 2002 in VSC. After 4 months of filing he lost his job, but immidiately found a job in a different state, so started working on EAD. I was working in NJ on my H1.

Meanwhile, I kept asking my company to start my GC as we were not sure what will happen to my husband's case. Luckily, they found an approved labor matching my skills, and applied for my 140 and 485 in March 2004.
We did so many status enquiries (Infact once operator said that we have exceeded the maximum number of queries allowed on a case), contacted senator..but no help.

Then we heard news of retrogession...my husband's case was in EB3 category.

My husband sent two expedite request...wrote to Mr. Novak.. and also my husband's attorney send expedite request to Vermont stating that they are handling my husband's case unfairly..It is pending snce 3 yrs and they should act on it ASAP ..they should treat this as a spl case and should approve it before June 30th so that we again don't get stuck because of retrogession..

Then on June 27th we got e-mail that my 1-140 got approved...we waited till yesterday..hoping that they will approve my husband's case ...but did not get any e-mail/no LUD's ...so we thought now we have to wait....

And then today around noon, got e-mail that my husbnad's 485 got approved on 29th in which he was the primary applicant...and after few minutes got e-mail that my 485 was approved on 29th in which I was primary applicant thru my comapny...so we just missed the retrogession date.....

Whew !! What a gripping climax. Felt like a car chase through hair-pin bends. Mine was somewhat similar too. Anyway, congragulations.