I485 more than 180 days

happyM

Registered Users (C)
I filed my I-485 application in Feb 2002 and received the notice from INS on 02/20/2002. It has been more than 180 days but so far I've not received any notice to go for FP. Is there anyone out there that file the same time as me and have the same situation ?! Does the FP notice indicate where we are in the progress !?What should I do about it ?!

Also, I can't check my I-485 status on the AVM, I tried to call INS customer service rep. to have them corrected but so far no luck, any advice on this !? Anyone has similar problem ?

my case # wac-02-121-.......

Your FP is long overdue..I suggest that you have your lawyer contact CSC. ALso why cant you check for the status in AVM? what does it say when you key in your WAC number

....cannot be found

Hi, thank you for your quick respond.

the message i heard fr the AVM was ' the WAC....cannot be found at this moment'. but when talked to the CSC rep. they managed to check my case status 'Pending"...

TQ!

Last edited by a moderator:
happyM

time to start faxing INS for fp notice (lawyer should do this). I think it is allowed 120 days after filing. On the optimistic side, if you get your FP in the next month, it may not have any (adverse) bearing on your final approval time (my assumption is that 485 gets picked by RD/ND and FP is only a pre-requisite).

good luck...

I’m in the same boat - still no FP notice, my cases are 02-123*
Lawyer faxed request month or so ago.
Had call IIO three times (last time was yesterday). They have one answer - "we processing only Jul/Aug/Sep 2001 cases now, please be patient"
Yesterday IIO also told - "due to circumstances we are two month behind the schedule"

I was in the same boat

I remember that there was a thread about FP-issues of mid-february(02) cases.

A lot of mid-feb cases didn't receive their FP-notice for some reasons. I was one of them (WAC-02-118; RD: 02/13; ND: 02/23).

I had to wait for 6 months for my lawyer to send the fax-inquiry for my FP-notice (although one can & should send fax after 120 days). After 1 week of the 1st fax, I got the FP-notice and did early FP and FBI sent the FP-result to INS after 2 days and now the AVM says " processing resumed".

People whose case is 4 months old and haven't received FP-notice, should start sending faxes by their lawyer every 15 days until you receive the FP-notice.

Good luck!

resumed

How much time it took between when you did FP and the message started playing processing resumed

thanks

thanks guy

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for the info. I just wonder whether can i fax to INS by myself ?

Processing resumed

It took 5/6 days between my FPrinting and the message "processing resumed".

Usually, lawyers should send the faxes.

Thanks!