dyan2001

Hi:

RD 12/2000
ND 12/2000
FP 03/2001
Submit Amended I140 02/2001
Amended I140 Approved 05/2001
AVM changed to "interview at San Diego Office" on 06/2001

Does interview mean anything wrong with my I485 application? My lawyer told me INS sends cases to local offices for many reasons- not necessarily because there is anything wrong, some are randomly selected for \'quality control\'. And 2% of his cases were sent to interview.

There are two things that might caused problem. Can anyone help me on those?

1) I went to school-1 and school-2. I could not find I20 of school-1, but I had a letter from school-1 to school-2 verifying my Visa status(F1) at school-1. I have all transcripts and diploma from schoo-1.
2) When I started the process 4 years ago, my title was engineer. When I485 was submitted, my title was manager.

Thanks

No Title

Dyan2001,

As far as I know job title change can cause problems. Please check with lawyer. As per other posts in this discussion group INS really inquires about job description. Make sure there have been no or few changes in your duties.

Good luck and keep us posted.

No Title

Hi ProActive:

Thank you for the information. My lawyer told he will not know anything until he receives the interview notice. But the bad news is that from his experience, I will wait for MANY months...

Thank you for the information.

No Title

In San Jose the wait is around 7-8 months. More precisely people getting interviews now have had their case transferred to the local office 7-8 months ago.

In the mean time major work load modifications occured with 245(i) and maybe other regulations. It is difficult to say how much more we have to wait.

A possible approach is moving to Consular Processing. My lawyer does not like it though ...

Please keep us posted with any progress.