I485 for parents, which catagory?

annahk

Registered Users (C)
I am USC and filling I485 for my parents and get a question:

Which catagory should I choose for
I485 Part 2. Application type. (Check one.)

I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because:

A. an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has beenapproved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile orspecial immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you animmediately available visa number, if approved.)

B.my spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residencein an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children.

C.I entered as a K-1 fiancé(e) of a United States citizen whom I married within 90 days of entry,or I am the K-2 child of such a fiancé(e). (Attach a copy of the fiancé(e) petition approvalnotice and the marriage certificate).

D.E.F.G are far off.

H. Other basis of eligibility. Explain. If additional space is needed, use a separate piece of paper.

Should I choose H?:confused:

For those who had done this before, please help.
Thanks

Parents classify as immediate relatives if you're a US citizen, so the answer would be "A".

Last edited by a moderator:
I should note, ignore the language about the I-130 needing to be "already approved". You file I-130 concurrently with I-485 and tick "A". The language is kind of misleading!