I485 Approval Houston INS Passport Stamping Experience

I485_FREEATLAST

Registered Users (C)
I485 was approved by TSC, received courtesy copy this week. Attorney still hasnt received the original.

Went this morning to Houston INS with courtesy copy to get passport stamped. Out of all my Houston INS visits, this has been by far the most pleasant and painless one. I was in and out of there in 1.5 hours. The stamp on the passport is very basic, no picture or anything. Just states temporary evidence of permanent residence valid for one year. They asked me to surrender all my EADs and APs. The Duty Officer was very courteous and friendly. After the signing and fingerprinting, she congratulated me, told me I can work anywhere with the stamp and get a new SSN card with the stamp as well. Actual card will be received at my home address within 2-9 months.

Tip: You have to follow the blue line, go through the double doors, and there is an office on your left as soon as you pass the double doors. That is where they stamp the passport. No need to get a ticket or wait in line at the info booth. Dont be confused by the big crowd waiting just before the double doors, just proceed through the double doors.

Good luck to all. Now just have to sit and wait for the actual card. That will be another challenge in itself.

Congrats!

Hi Congrats!
Just like you, I didnt bother to wait for the original approvals.
We walked to the Arlington, VA office with our courtesy copies
of the approvals and got the job done.
I am glad there is someone else who adopted a similar
approach.