I140 EB Category correction


Registered Users (C)
My labor was filed under EB2 category. But, my I140 was filed under EB3 category in 2003 by mistake. After the receipt notice, I have informed to my attorney for the mistake. The attorney submitted a correction letter (Amendment) to correct the mistake after couple of weeks of receipt notice. For some reason, that was not taken care appropriately and the I140 was approved under EB3 category in 2003. I came to know only last year. After so many push to attorney, finally the attorney made a service request to correct the I140 with the amendment letter.

Will they accept this correction without filing the new I-140 amendment under new petition? Anyone hear about this process. Is it possible without filing new I140, USCIS can make a correction....

Your help on this matter is greately appreciated.
Last edited by a moderator: