I140 approved for CP, I485 approved today (ND-Sep 21 2000)

arn123

Registered Users (C)
Guys

I just heard the great news that my wife\'s/my I485 has been approved today (Feb 27th 2002). We waited so long and it was worth the wait.

I hope all the guys having ND around mine will soon get the Approval. This site/board has been so helpful to me. Thanks a lot.

My case Details:

I140 approved for CP and sent to Madras on Aug 28th 2000
RD - Sep 5th 2000
ND - Sep 21st 2000
FP - Feb 28th 2001
Heard from an IIO that my case went to "In Transit" state when I spoke to him last Thursday(Feb 21st 2002).

I was planning to call INS tomorrow but heard the great news today!!!!!.

ARN123.

Congrats Man. Good news. Did you say earlier NSC had asked I140 from Consualte? If so, when was that

Thanks.

Congrats!!! Enjoy your Freedom. Please answer this question.

Hi arn123,

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your Freedom. What a relief after waiting for all these painful days. Thanks for all the research you have done regarding I140 CP messup.

Your case Approval give lot of good hopes for all the old waiters. Would you please tell when was your case assigned to officer?

My case was assigned to officer as of FEB 13th 2002. Still waiting?

RD SEP 27 2000
ND OCT 26 2000
FP MARCH 2001
Case assigned as of FEB 13 2002
Waiting...

thanks

To ur question

It looks like NSC asked for the I140 in 2nd week of Jan 2002 and Madras sent back the I140 on Jan 18th 2002.

Congrats!!!!!!

Its a good news for us unlucky waiters.

I-140 sent to chennai on July 2000.
RD:- Aug 2000
ND:- Sep 2000
FP:- Feb 2001

I dont know when

it was assigne to an officer but when I spoke to an IIO last thursday (feb 21st 2002) he said it i in "In Transit" state and will be assigned to an officer soon. Was expecting it sometime this week. Thought of calling today to find the status but heard the message yesterday night.

ARN123.

arn123,

Do you know if NSC directly asked Madras consulate or thru NVC?
My case is also in Madras since July 2000.
Once before NVC told me that NSC does not know if the case
is with NVC or Consulate. First NSC asks NVC to send 140.
NVC usually reply saying I140 was sent to Consulate and
Consulate address it was sent to. Because NSC does not know
which Consulate the case was sent to. NSC finally sends another
request to the correct Consulate.

Thx.

No, the I140 AN said it has been forwarded to NVC

but I applied for I485 (AOS) here. I didn\'t file I824(BTW what I824, is it transfer ur case from cP to AOS)?.

ARN123.

It looks like NSC got it directly from Madras

Because NVC told they didn\'t get any request from INS regd my case. SHe also mentioned that once INS start processing the AOS here, it can ask for the info directly because they know where it is.

TO ARN 123, MY HEARTY CONGRATS TO U & YOUR FAMILY, ON THE APPROVAL OF I 485 at Last U saw the l

Dear ARN, I am happy to see your approval here, and I wish U good luck and enjoy your freedom, good luck in stamping, pl post your stamping expereinces, well, this is a good sign for all the waiter like me, happysoul, NSC5th year, and all old time waiters, now at least we can take a deep breath !!!! hahahahhahha.

RAMUKESI

I did contact the senator\'s office (Dick Durbin, chicago) but I\'m not sure whether

that resultedin the approval. Because the person who was incharge never returned my call or told me about my status. I spoke to her only once before sending the letter.

You are right

This is a big relief both for me and my family. Just hang in there and you will soon hear the nes that you are approved. I will post the stamping experience when I go for it after getting the Approval Notice.

ARN123.

Congratulations !!

It gives us hope, .......atleast.

SHARK
NSC/EB1/EA/I485 RD 09/00, ND 10/00, FP 03/01, EAD(renew):01/02, FP:08/01
I140 approved(08/00) for CP(Mumbai); went for I485 instead.

?? to ARN 123, when U first came to USA, U came on H1b or F1 Visa, Just curious to know , Thanks

I came on H1b visa,

switched employer after 8 months but stayed with the same employer during the Green card process.

Did you guys call IIO and did anybody mentioned about the "In Transit" state to any of you guys?.

ARN123.

Got Passport Stamped

Guys

We(wife & me) got our Passport\'s stamped this morning at the Chicago INS office. Everything went very well. THere was no delay. Just took 30 mins for the whole process plus 45 minutes of wait outside the office, but thats ok compared to a 4 year wait and especially because of the I140 approved for CP(not knowing what is gonna happen).

I just wanted to Thank you all in this forum for their great job and I hope you all will get your approval soon.

Thanks
ARN123.