I140 approved Finaly and I485 ????

sam_ahmed

Registered Users (C)
Hello every one,
I been a silent viewer for last 8 months, Let me give some detalis about my case

Labor filed: April, 2006
Approved: Dec, 2006
I140 filed: July 9 2007
Approved : Jan 25 2008 Thanks God
I485 filed: July 23 2007
I765(EAD) Approved: Sep 24 2007
Open SR for FP on Nov 2007
Got an Appointment for Jan 2 2008

now just waiting for GC, Is any one in the same boat and have any idea when.

You could get lucky if your name check gets clear soon.

Hello every one,
I been a silent viewer for last 8 months, Let me give some detalis about my case

NC Clear or not

Hello every one,

I Called USCIS today to find out that if my NC is clear or not, they dont have any info about that and from last LUD on I485 was on Jan 14 2008 "Document mail to applicant" I have not get anything yet. Is sameone have any Idea that how long will take for NC clear and what could be the document mail.
Thanks

In my view it may help if you write to your congressmen requesting him to enquire about case status and Back ground verification status. Provide all details relating to your case and send a written request to congressmen.

--- GCN --

Thanks,

But I filed my I140 & I485 with the reference of July visa Bul. and on my I140 & I485 have no Priority date on it, what I believe is matter of visa availability
I dont know tell me if I am wrong.

Thanks again

Well,

Your PD is very new as compared to the processing dates for EB3-India. Even if your name check is cleared, you will have to wait as it will take some time before your PD will become current.

Thanks,

But I filed my I140 & I485 with the reference of July visa Bul. and on my I140 & I485 have no Priority date on it, what I believe is matter of visa availability
I dont know tell me if I am wrong.

Thanks again

Priority date is the labor submission date, your PD is very new and they are working on May 2001 cases so you have to wait few more years to get your GC.

hello

Thanks for response, I don't get it like for July visa bulletin 2007 all EB was current. so why I have to wait for PD current. Even my I140&I485 was filed because of that, as you guys know even they(USCIS) extend their time till august 17, 2007 to file under July visa Bulletin 2007.
Any comments.

Thanks

hello

Thanks for response, I don't get it like for July visa bulletin 2007 all EB was current. so why I have to wait for PD current. Even my I140&I485 was filed because of that, as you guys know even they(USCIS) extend their time till august 17, 2007 to file under July visa Bulletin 2007.
Any comments.

Thanks

Your PD needs to be current for
1> you to be able to file 485.
2> Then again your PD needs to be current (or you can say visa number should be available) for USCIS to approve the case.

So you were able to file when your PD was current. Unfortunately, the PD retrogressed, so now USCIS cannot approve your 485 until your PD becomes current again. See for more details:
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDpdhdtw.html

Your PD needs to be current for
1> you to be able to file 485.
2> Then again your PD needs to be current (or you can say visa number should be available) for USCIS to approve the case.

So you were able to file when your PD was current. Unfortunately, the PD retrogressed, so now USCIS cannot approve your 485 until your PD becomes current again. See for more details:
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDpdhdtw.html

Thanks EricS,
I understand the concept of PD very-well but according to that if my PD was not current they(USCIS) should reject my I485 with PD is not current or visa was not available at time of filing, do you get my point, So why have to wait again for my PD current, even the site you mention earlier state the same that PD should be current at the time of filing otherwise the mail will be rejected by mail-room or visa is not available at the time of filling.
Any Comments

OK, lets try it one more time. No one is telling you that your 485 filing is wrong. The date was current, you filed the 485, everything is good with that. If proper 485 filing is your only concern, then you have done that part, no issues.

Now about the approval:
Once you filed the 485, the dates retrogressed, so your PD is not current anymore. Now what everyone is trying to tell you is that your 485 cannot be "approved" until your PD becomes current again. Read the last paragraph of the link that I provided: it goes like this
"
If a person has already filed the I-485 application when the dates were current, but then the Visa Bulletin date retrogresses to a date before the priority date, the foreign national would still accrue the benefit of being able to remain in the U.S. with renewable EAD or work authorization and permission to travel, even after completing the six years on H1B status in the U.S. However, the I-485 could not be approved until the date again becomes "current."

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

You seems like angry on me, we are here to help and understand everyone problem and resolve if we can with any help we could with any issue. anyway my problem is that I been this county since 1998 Sep and I had very hard time with my employer to get my GC done. I came here on B1/B2 then change to H1 file my first Labor on April 18 2001 which did not work because of my employer, my first employer was sucks after that my H1 expire because I could not renew my H1 by same employer and no one else I laid of, basically I have no status, then after work here and there I found some nice employer whom I been working for long and decide to file case for me because I become "Grandfather" under 245(i) that is only advantage I have, now I have no passions. even my sister got married 28 Jan of this year i could not make it just because of this, it is so depressing for me at this point, waiting for another 2-3 years is just killing myself but no choice. you got it my friend

thanks

Thanks EricS,
I understand the concept of PD very-well but according to that if my PD was not current they(USCIS) should reject my I485 with PD is not current or visa was not available at time of filing, do you get my point, So why have to wait again for my PD current, even the site you mention earlier state the same that PD should be current at the time of filing otherwise the mail will be rejected by mail-room or visa is not available at the time of filling.
Any Comments

Just to clarify, when everyone became current last July 2007, they accepted all applications (USCIS big mistake, remember there were about 3million applications filed that time) but that does not mean that they worked on your case. Like everyone else, your application goes into a queue (see processing dates for your service center) before they look at your application. Once they look at your application they check if your PD is current and work on your case and if not, they wait until ur PD is current like everyone else.

Thanks,

You seems like angry on me, we are here to help and understand everyone problem and resolve if we can with any help we could with any issue. anyway my problem is that I been this county since 1998 Sep and I had very hard time with my employer to get my GC done. I came here on B1/B2 then change to H1 file my first Labor on April 18 2001 which did not work because of my employer, my first employer was sucks after that my H1 expire because I could not renew my H1 by same employer and no one else I laid of, basically I have no status, then after work here and there I found some nice employer whom I been working for long and decide to file case for me because I become "Grandfather" under 245(i) that is only advantage I have, now I have no passions. even my sister got married 28 Jan of this year i could not make it just because of this, it is so depressing for me at this point, waiting for another 2-3 years is just killing myself but no choice. you got it my friend

thanks

No, I am not angry with you, nothing like that.
After reading you story, I can understand why you are eager to get your GC. But looking at the Visa bulletins, looks like you still have a long wait. Did you apply for AP? You can use AP to visit outside US. I am not sure if 245(i) makes any difference in that regard.

not necessary..

Just to clarify, when everyone became current last July 2007, they accepted all applications (USCIS big mistake, remember there were about 3million applications filed that time) but that does not mean that they worked on your case. Like everyone else, your application goes into a queue (see processing dates for your service center) before they look at your application. Once they look at your application they check if your PD is current and work on your case and if not, they wait until ur PD is current like everyone else.

I just called the TSC and came to know they are processing EB3 beyond May 2001. My NC and everything clear with PD 05/07/2001. She was surprised to see why my file is not moved to the processing unit. Just now she has forwarded to the processing unit... see how they function... sucks.. waiting for GC since 2001