I140 approved, cannot apply I485. What's next?

No Luck.....

based on your_freind - blog.......snippets....

that was very funny - i bursted into laughter - after reading ur comments....
have fun..

maxblacks said:
based on your_freind - blog.......snippets....

that was very funny - i bursted into laughter - after reading ur comments....
have fun..
Hey maxblacks...

What was very funny?

Read your 'no luck' post again!!! Even I started laughing. It was funny, may have been an innocent comment though:)

It was a classic - a light humor moment in this stressful 'retrogression' conversation:)

Keep it coming!!!

your_friend said:
Hey maxblacks...

What was very funny?

Why this thread is quite...I guess after I140 aproval, really we can't do anything...except waiting...waiting...waiting...

your_friend said:
Why this thread is quite...I guess after I140 aproval, really we can't do anything...except waiting...waiting...waiting...
Hmm...that sucks...is int it? Atleast you guys got your I140 approved. In my case I have been waiting for my LC for the past 40 months???

At this point of time, waiting patiently is the only way.

jai_jai_gc said:
Hmm...that sucks...is int it? Atleast you guys got your I140 approved. In my case I have been waiting for my LC for the past 40 months???

At this point of time, waiting patiently is the only way.
Hi Jai,

What is your priority date and which center? Hope your LC will approve pretty soon...

How do you keep PD if you switch from EB3 to EB2?

Hey your_friend

Just like you I am not able to file for I-485 due to the retrogression.

If I file EB-2 from a different employer can I still keep the previous PD? How?

As for AC21, you can only use it after 180 days have passed since I-485 was applied.

PD December 2002 under EB3.
I-140 approved October 2005.

From what i undertand, you can file eb2 with the same employer as well, but for a different job/position. once you get 140 approved for the eb2, you can then tranfer your priority date, keep it and proceed with filing the 485. at least that's what i am about to try, with the same company.

netkicker said:
Hey your_friend

Just like you I am not able to file for I-485 due to the retrogression.

If I file EB-2 from a different employer can I still keep the previous PD? How?

As for AC21, you can only use it after 180 days have passed since I-485 was applied.

PD December 2002 under EB3.
I-140 approved October 2005.

well,

my I-140 has been approved recently so I am joining the club of people ...waiting...and waiting....and waiting..........to enter AOS.

I was not so lucky with previous h1 sponsors, they all promised filing my GC but that never materialized. Finally I was about to enter my 6th yr, when the company that wanted me badly, started Labor Cert stage ASAP just so that I can get H1 beyond 6yr safely and eventually GC.

Well, now that I sailed through all stages, again a long wait comes..

At least I will be able to apply for 3 yrs extension on H1/H4 at the end of my 7th year.

CIR looks like it may bring all of us relief but the ever elusive conference with House may bring who knows what..

felix31 said:
well,

my I-140 has been approved recently so I am joining the club of people ...waiting...and waiting....and waiting..........to enter AOS.

I was not so lucky with previous h1 sponsors, they all promised filing my GC but that never materialized. Finally I was about to enter my 6th yr, when the company that wanted me badly, started Labor Cert stage ASAP just so that I can get H1 beyond 6yr safely and eventually GC.

Well, now that I sailed through all stages, again a long wait comes..

At least I will be able to apply for 3 yrs extension on H1/H4 at the end of my 7th year.

CIR looks like it may bring all of us relief but the ever elusive conference with House may bring who knows what..

Welcome to the club felix!!! All we can do is wait :( 3 yrs H1/H4 extensions are good but definately not something that we should have to suffer.