I131 Question : Applying for AOS for my parents, need help justifying parole

immihelp2017

hi All,

I'm a USC just about ready to file AOS for my parents, this forum has been an immense help. I'm also filing I 131 and 765 as suggested. In the I 131 form, it suggests, i need to provide reason for travel along with supporting documentation.

I really dont have a specific reason for my parents to travel, we just wanted to have the AP for peace of mind, in case they need to travel for their own medical reasons or to visit any of their aging siblings in case their health takes a turn for the worse. Other than that we dont have any plans for my parents to travel.

Can you please help on how to fill the form. Part 7 asks for circumstances warranting issuance of advance parole.

In the I 131 form, it suggests, i need to provide reason for travel along with supporting documentation.
No it doesn't. You are not asked for any reason if you fill the form out correctly.

Part 7 asks for circumstances warranting issuance of advance parole.
No it doesn't. It says "see instructions", and if you see instructions, it says you attach a statement OR attach the AOS receipt. So AOS applicants do not need to provide a statement. And if you are filing together with I-485, you don't even need the receipt.