I130 transferred to California from Nebraska center

tz6ph0

Registered Users (C)
In Nov 03 I had applied I130 in nebraska processing center for my spouse as I live in that jurisdiction and last week I got a letter stating the application has been transferred to california processing center. Has anyone had this experience?.

Would transferring the case to california processing center mean the clock starts over again?.

your experience is much appreciated

tz6ph0 said:
In Nov 03 I had applied I130 in nebraska processing center for my spouse as I live in that jurisdiction and last week I got a letter stating the application has been transferred to california processing center. Has anyone had this experience?.

Would transferring the case to california processing center mean the clock starts over again?.

your experience is much appreciated

Cases from other service centers are being transferred to the CSC to reduce backlog as CSC is faster and has more processing capability.

I assume you are a LPR. Did your PD change after your file was transferred? If it didnt, then the old dates still apply.

If you are a USC, you dont have to wait for I-130 to be approved. You can file I-485 if your wife is already in the US.

PD remains the same just case transferred to California. Still a PR hence will have to wait till I get my citizenship to file for her I485.

Thank you for your reply.

The same thing happened to my case, also. I guess that I got my hopes up for no reason.