I129 Part4 NIW

You are talking about 3 different things;
  1. All I-129 requests for extension of current employment benefit from the automatic 240-day grace period (if you stay in US after current TN expiry). 8 months, not 6, my error.
  2. I-9 instructions should be known by your employer; that is their legal responsibility, not yours..
  3. Your state will have its own rules on how DL renewal works when your work authorization is pending. Check with them.

of course, your other solution, which was and is always available to you, is to go to the border an get a new TN.

Thank you nelsona for your advice. I hope my employer will understand their legal responsibility. I will check with the state about the DL renewal.
I wonder if other employers will check the status for their employees with USCIS besides the information posted on its website. Mine won't!

As I said, I-9 and e-verify are ALWAYS the responsibility of the employer, and they MUST follow the instructions.

Update: I checked my case status from USCIS website, it says the I129 was approved on Nov 12. I haven't received the notice yet.