• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I wrote in form "divorced", but I\'m still "married"

sonka slovitsky

Registered Users (C)
Hardly needs advice!
When I applied for Lottery last fall, I told I\'m divorced although, I didn\'t. I was sure,that if I win, at May or June, I\'ll be divorced for sure!
And I win but I\'m still married. My divorce is in process, so I afraid
because I have not any papers related to divorse.I have papers related to my marriage.
What am I suppose to do?

I just read and heard that all stuff with lottery is ending September 30.
Does it mean I\'ll get GC and so on to this time, if they aprove me?
 Thanks a lot !
            Martha

why you "hardly need any advice"? Then why put the question?

I think you can update your info in the application.
So, how are you going to adjust the status, what is the status.

poor English - sorry

My mistake because of poor English.
I\'d like to say "I need very much", "I want".Sorry.
Thank you for correction, but my problems are still unsolved....

No Title

I know cases when DV visas were denied because parents did not put names of their children on the application form. Technically you misrepresented facts (or lied on your application). INS does not like this. Sorry to tell you this. Talk to an attorney.

divorce

You know, when I applied at September my divorce was in the court-according to my husband- ang I was sure I\'ll be divorced in May.
I\'d like to be accurate , but I wrote it too fast.
Unfortunately.

divorce--continue

Yes, I do.
My case is in the court.I know it for sure now.
I don\'t know when they ask me for interview.Maybe for month or two I\'ll be REALLY divorce...

No Title

However, at the time when you filled out DV2003 application you WERE married and you failed to include your husband\'s name on the application. It does not matter if you WILL be divorced in a month. You were married but you did not disclose this fact on our application. I personally think that your chances of getting DV2003 visa are next to nothing…