I want to request for cross-chargeability Need details

skp19722003

Registered Users (C)
As per Feb visa bullettin eb3 row moves to 22nd September 2002. My PD was 09/12/2002. I would like to request for CC myself to approve my wife's 485 since she was born in non-retro country. I need the following details.

* CC request letter format
* Supporting docs.
* Nebraska uscis office address

Please let me know if you know the details. Thanks.

If you have allready applied for I-485 Just Go to Local office talk to an IIO. Call the Customer Service rep and ask them.

Cc

EB3 India - PD 09/12/2002
Primary got approved 3 years back.
Spouse still pending...It's been 7 years since we applied 485.
Spouse was born in non-retro country.

On 1st of February I had requested (SR) USCIS to approve my case using Cross-Chargeability.

I have received a letter from USCIS today and it says,

"Based on your request we researched the status of your application or petition. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this case has caused a longer processing time. Please allow extra time for an officer to reivew your application. Furthermore, if all initial evidence was not included with your application or a question arose during adjudication that required a Request For Evidence, additional time would be needed. Your application remains awaiting review by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made."

Is it their normal message or something different? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Service requests over the phone are useless 99% of the time. You got their standard boilerplate letter.

Make an Infopass appointment, and both you and your wife should go there to find out if they have recognized the cross-chargeability, and find out what you need to do to get them to put her in EB3 ROW if they haven't already done it. Bring her passport, your GC, her I-485 receipt, and her birth certificate.

Thanks for the tip.

I got the info pass appt. and visited local office. As per the officer:

My wife case has been pre-adjudicated in 2006 and it seems an officer looked into the case yesterday. I had checked the status online and no change for the past 6 years.
He said that her case should have been approved when primary case got approved and I don't know what immigration issue holds this case.
Since, the case is pending in NSC (I'm in TX) he couldn't provide much info.

Is it a good idea to request NSC to move her case to TSC? Please advice. Thanks.

Service requests over the phone are useless 99% of the time. You got their standard boilerplate letter.

Make an Infopass appointment, and both you and your wife should go there to find out if they have recognized the cross-chargeability, and find out what you need to do to get them to put her in EB3 ROW if they haven't already done it. Bring her passport, your GC, her I-485 receipt, and her birth certificate.

Thanks for the tip.

I got the info pass appt. and visited local office. As per the officer:

My wife case has been pre-adjudicated in 2006 and it seems an officer looked into the case yesterday. I had checked the status online and no change for the past 6 years.
He said that her case should have been approved when primary case got approved and I don't know what immigration issue holds this case.
Since, the case is pending in NSC (I'm in TX) he couldn't provide much info.

Is it a good idea to request NSC to move her case to TSC? Please advice. Thanks.
why dont you contact NSC where her file is pending?

I don't want to confuse the issue here - but isn't cross-chargeability for cases where one spouse is to be charged to the other's country of birth? In this case, CC would not apply because your spouse would be charged to her own country of birth - the row country. Her case is being held up by something other than COB - if the PD of her own country is current.

On Feb 1st my lawyer requested NSC to approve her case using CC. Today, I was informed (Dallas immigration office) that an officer looked into her case yesterdat (02/10); but there's no change in the case status.

you contact NSC or where her case is pending? you posted her case is with Nebraska uscis office.

As per my lawyer, CC can be applied if the PD is retrogressed for a long time. Many primary cases have been approved using spouse country of birth (CC). Why not in this case? They should have approved her case when they had approved my case. It was their mistake. Even, in Dallas immigration office, the officer was wondering why this case held up for this long as they had already pre-adjudicated her case in 2006.

I don't want to confuse the issue here - but isn't cross-chargeability for cases where one spouse is to be charged to the other's country of birth? In this case, CC would not apply because your spouse would be charged to her own country of birth - the row country. Her case is being held up by something other than COB - if the PD of her own country is current.

They might have mistakenly treated her as EB3 India because of the primary being born in India. Then when retrogression kicked in, they ignored the case for years because they filed it into the EB3 India bucket.