I want to marry a Lady From India, Should we wait untill she gets here or apply for a fiancee visa?

Rob Wills

I have met a lady here in the u.s. last year and she returned to India to take care of some matters. She is coming back in in a few months. To attend a confrence and continue to live on a visitor\'s visa. Should we wait until she get here to marry or should we apply for a fiancee visa, which will prolong us from marrying sooner? I\'am a US Citizen. I really don\'t want to wait another day, I love this lady and want to be with her asoon as possible. Thank you for you attention

Marry here if possible.

If she has a visit visa, better would be to let her get here and then marry her. You can do it in court first and they do any Hindu, christian ceremonies later. Remember to have your pictures taken in court etc and then file for her adjustment of status. She would get employment authorization and can work till she gets her green card.
Good Luck.
By the way you are making a right choice marrying and Indian girl. You can expect to get home and have home made food ready without bitching etc(Just kidding).

do not marry here

If she comes here on visitor\'s visa and immidiately gets married to US Citizen, that is a red flag.
She should wait atleast 90 days here. Now, that 90 days is also difficult on visitor\'s visa.
You should go for fiancee visa. That way, the intent is clear. You HAVE to marry her in 90 days of her coming on fiancee visa, else she has to leave.
Consult a lawyer.