I NEED HELP!

Needhelp12232

Hello I am here seeking some guidance. My father was in the U.S Military and meet my mother in Germany and I was born in Germany and came to the U.S when I was less then a year old. My parents failed to get me any documentation. I am now 21 and have no ID, No SSN, Nothing at all linking me to my face. I'm struggling with what to do I have a German birth certificate that allowed me to go to school my entire child life also had a tax ID number that has expired since I turned 18. I don't know how I can get some form of citizenship without id please I need help.

I have gotten a lawyer who is very little help they just keep asking me for some kind of photo ID like a German passport but I can't get a German passport because I live in the us and don't have a photo ID.

Were your parents married when you were born? Had your father been physically present in the US or in the US military, before your birth, for a cumulative total of at least 5 years, including 2 years after he turned 14? Do you know how you entered the US? (e.g. as a visitor? on an immigrant visa?) Do you have the expired (US or German) passport you used to enter the US when you were younger, or do you know which one you had?

Were your parents married when you were born? YES
Had your father been physically present in the US or in the US military, before your birth, for a cumulative total of at least 5 years, including 2 years after he turned 14? YES

Do you know how you entered the US? (e.g. as a visitor? on an immigrant visa?) Do you have the expired (US or German) passport you used to enter the US when you were younger, or do you know which one you had? AS FAR AS I KNOW I ENTERED IN ON MY MOTHER'S PASSPORT AS A BABY. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PASSPORT OF ANY KIND

Thanks for responding I appreciate any help I can get.

Another thing I forgot to mention -- you are sure that your father was a US citizen at the time you were born, right? (Because green card holders can also serve in the US military.) If so, it sounds like you were a US citizen from birth. You should apply for a US passport. If you think your parents may have every applied for a CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad) or US passport for you, you can request a file search. Otherwise, you would have to present your birth certificate, your parents' marriage certificate, proof of your father's US citizenship at the time you were born (e.g. a US birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, or US passport valid during the date of your birth), and a statement detailing all your father's periods of physical presence in the US or in the US military in his life before your birth. It might be tricky for you to apply for a US passport at your age without a photo ID, though some secondary IDs are accepted.

Separately, as a German citizen, you should be able to get a German passport. Have you asked the German consulate about what to do in a case such as yours where you've not had any ID growing up?

What state do you live in? In some states you might be able to get a driver's license or ID card now; in others you might have to wait until you get your passport first.

Yes my Father has been a US citizen his entire life.

No my parents did not file for CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad) or US passport for me.

Yes I have talked to German consulate about this they said they would accept a freedom of information act showing that I came here on my mother's passport instead of an ID for a German passport but nothing came back on my search.

I live in Arizona

As far as secondary IDs go all I have is
  • Student ID
  • School yearbook with identifiable photograph

I also forgot to mention in the original post that my mother and father are divorced and my mother is living in and a citizen of Germany. A