I miss attachments capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJoe5

Registered Users (C)
While it is good that the members can add link to a post, I miss being able to attach a file. I understand that a size limit would be required and could be a small limit but to do away with that option completely is disheartening.

Joe, what kind of attachments? PDF? .Doc, .xl??? Also, what file size do we need? Give me some details.

Joe, what kind of attachments? PDF? .Doc, .xl??? Also, what file size do we need? Give me some details.

Rajiv,

I post a great many items at http://www.slideshare.net/BigJoe5 and publish a ton of articles in Immigration Daily (45 articles since March 2011 and counting). Sometimes somebody posts a question for which I already have full explanation or helpful tools ready made. I used to be able to offer up such items very rapidly as an attachment (pdf or word doc usually, sometimes a ppt). It could be a single page or a dozen or so (depending on various considerations and the topic) file memory size varies (a few KB to several MB??). If I have to dig through my posted items to get a link (I would cut and paste from my browser), it may be too much of a hassle, so I don't bother answering. [I have over 400 items posted and more at another site so it is a hassle especially when there is a rash of folks asking the same thing over and over again.]

Thanks,

Joe, on principle, other than the hard drive space documents take on our servers, I have no objection to attachments. But, we as lawyers, have to look at several other aspects of postings (including assisting unauthorized practice of law -- and I am not insinuating that is an issue; I will have to review your posts to assess that). While we are not responsible for postings in the forums and their content, I have to give this matter some thought. If By the end of May, you have not heard from me about this, feel free to remind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.