I might have lied on the N-400 form I sent out... will I get in trouble?

TwoScoops

It just occured to me that I have lied on my N-400 form
I answered every question correctly and truthfully,
except one... :mad:

I put down 165 when I in fact weigh 192(give or take
a few more), according to this morning's scale.
Honestly, I was 165 just before last Thanksgiving... :(

Is this a big deal? Or do I have to try to shave off 25
pounds and drop down to 165 before my interview comes
up?

thanks!

Seriously???? Do you really think that's a big deal? "Might have lied" is a strange thing to say. If it wasn't deliberate, it wasn't a lie. Particularly, if you gained the extra weight AFTER you sent in your application, how is that a lie? Out of all the problems that could arise with an N400, this one is just not high on the list. So, don't worry........

Twoscoops, I appreciate your sense of humor. On the off chance that you are serious and really are worried about this, the only thing that can happen is that the interviewing officer might ask you to provide a new set of pictures of you as he might think that your appearance has drastically altered since you turned in your N400. So, you might want to carry a latest set of pictures with you when you interview so as to save time and trouble. BTW/ nothing wrong with 192 pounds at all, in my opinion :D

good excuse to lose pounds

up?

thanks!

TwoScoops, Look at it from a positive angle. You can now set yourself a goal to lose extra pounds. Jokes aside, I don't think that it would matter. You can always say that you gained extra weight after filing the app. Now that can happen to some people, right? IO is not even going to care much if your facial features match the picture on the file.
Pump

This is serious

This is a serious issue as I was asked to step on a scale during my interview and they cross checked my weight, height etc, it needs to be with in 3% error margin otherwise there is a potential for initiating deportation proceedings, I was 4% above the weight I listed in the app, the IO said I need to lose the extra 2 pounds by the end of the day, so I ended up running 10 blocks 3 three times and took laxatives but I had to make sure that I do not lost more than 3% either, so it was very tense situation and I barely lost the two pounds at the end of the day. The IO gave me a warning at the end of the day and said I should be very careful when I ever i deal with USCIS.

Twoscoops if I were you I would start

Guys n gals, Today is April 1st, Twoscoops question may have been an April fools joke but my response is nothing but the whole truth :p and you may want to change your id to Onescoop as well to be safe.

up?

thanks!

This is a serious issue as I was asked to step on a scale during my interview and they cross checked my weight, height etc, it needs to be with in 3% error margin otherwise there is a potential for initiating deportation proceedings, I was 4% above the weight I listed in the app, the IO said I need to lose the extra 2 pounds by the end of the day, so I ended up running 10 blocks 3 three times and took laxatives but I had to make sure that I do not lost more than 3% either, so it was very tense situation and I barely lost the two pounds at the end of the day. The IO gave me a warning at the end of the day and said I should be very careful when I ever i deal with USCIS.
Brilliant response.

Twoscoops if I were you I would start

Guys n gals, Today is April 1st, Twoscoops question may have been an April fools joke but my response is nothing but the whole truth :p and you may want to change your id to Onescoop as well to be safe.
:D VERY FUNNY!

mant...excellent reply..some questions

Hi,

mant that was a very good response to a very good question.

Now I have some serious qs to ask..sorry guys if I had asked them elsewhere but I am just rechecking so that I am confident while sending my N-400.

1. I will be sending my N-400 , 23 days before I complete my 5 yrs. One of my friends told me IO may cause problems with asking why are you in hurry etc..is it true or is it okay to send it now?

2. If I do send should I check the checkbox "I have been lawful perm resident for at least 5 years" OR check the checkbox "others" and then explain that I am applying with 90 day rule?

3. On employment dates is it ok to put e.g 11/2002 instead of complete date including day say 11/01/2002 because I dont remember the exact dates?

Thanks so much for your time. (I am sorry if some questions are repeat and may even sound silly but I feel better to be safe than sorry).

Answer key to multiple choice questions

1. okay to send
2. "I have been lawful perm resident for at least 5 years"
3. ok to put e.g 11/2002 (exact date prefered)

1. I will be sending my N-400 , 23 days before I complete my 5 yrs. One of my friends told me IO may cause problems with asking why are you in hurry etc..is it true or is it okay to send it now?

I've wondering about the opposite...

It's been a while since I have met the 5-year requirement.
(already 5 years plus a few months)

Will the IO ask me why I didn't apply for citizenship much
sooner? I was quite busy over the last few months and
never got around to it...

As for my original question about my weight.... a friend of
mine saw the photocopy of my N-400 sitting on my desk
and yelled "there's no way you're ONLY 165 pounds!!!"
(which embarrased me in front of a roomful of my friends
and relatives.... :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
NO!!!, the IO wont ask you why u did not apply sooner.

No the IO does not care when you apply, citizenship is not mandatory, you can live all your life in USA without applying for citizenship, I know a doctor that has been living here since early 70's and he still has not applied for citizenship.

I've wondering about the opposite...

It's been a while since I have met the 5-year requirement.
(already 5 years plus a few months)

Will the IO ask me why I didn't apply for citizenship much
sooner? I was quite busy over the last few months and
never got around to it...

As for my original question about my weight.... a friend of
mine saw the photocopy of my N-400 sitting on my desk
and yelled "there's no way you're ONLY 165 pounds!!!"
(which embarrased me in front of a roomful of my friends
and relatives.... :) )

I know we are the most obese nation in the world, but you really don't have to become obese in order to naturalise :)
Avoid "two scoops" and stick with one, you will lose the extra weight you have gained!!!

up?

Yes, you are in big trouble.:eek: During the interview, the first thing the interview officer does is make you stand on a weight scale. They have a tolerance of only 5.7% - anything more or less gets rejected. You better join the South Beach diet ASAP.:p

On a related note, if you answer all the civic questions right during the interview will your case be rejected ? I ask because most Americans have very little general knowledge and you wouldn't be a true American if you got them all correct ?

Good One..:D

On a related note, if you answer all the civic questions right during the interview will your case be rejected ? I ask because most Americans have very little general knowledge and you wouldn't be a true American if you got them all correct ?