i know its wrong

need_green_card

Registered Users (C)
I know its a wrong thread to post this question but i am helpless and need information very badly, one of friend's wife has been diagnosed with a serious medical problem, they have to go through a very complicated surgery, the question is, can their parents use this medical reason at the time of their Visitors VISA interview? What would be the chances of getting visa based on this serious medical reason? is it OK to use this reason at the time of visa interview?

any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

The interviewer will understand. It be good to send a note from the surgeon giving appropriate details about the surgery.
Best of luck to your Friend's wife.

They sure can..Get a letter from the doctor though. My mom got her emergency visitor visa (that was about 9yrs back though) based on a medical emergency I had. Interviewers will understand.

Yes doctor letter should be directed to consulate & if you talk to you local congressmen he can send letter to consulate tooo...

god bless you!! good luck!!

My 2 cents.

need_green_card,

Just a quick note, remember 'pregnancy' and related complications are NOT considered emergency, chances of not getting a visa is high for these situation.

On the contrary I have seen some parents request a visa sighting that their daughter is delivering a baby and have been successful.... but they are very remote.

Hope this helps!

I just did this for my Friend.

1) Get a letter from the Hospital/Admitting/Resident doctor in Hospital letter head, typed or handwritten, giving details about the Patient (name, DOB)
2) Details about her condition, what she is going to go through, her admitting doctor.
3) If she has already been admitted, details about the room, floor , Surgery date, critical nature of the diagnosis, pragnosis, surgery serverity etc
4) Finally, if Counsulate had any questions , number to reach from the Doctors side. normally, Hospital room with extension to the particular doctor, it should say "if any further clarification is needed, pls. feel free to contact <hospital/doctor number>
5) Contact VFS or Abroad consulate directrly through the emergency number. explain them the situation, get an appointment , Dont forget to get the name of the person whom you are talking with.
6) Every hospital has Social Worker and Chaplin. Contact them, have them call the Embassy and explain the situation briefly to the immigration officer . So they would know that this case is going to come that day.
7) Attend the interview and get the Visa.