I Have To Divorce My Husband

Godislove

Registered Users (C)
Okay, here we go again, i got my temporary GC in december and have been married for one year, but honestly i cannot take the abuse, lies and intimidation, i don't even know where to begin, but i have to start from somewhere. My husband cannot keep a job or better still does not have one, the most recent of all the abuses is that he went and withdrew our rent money from our joint account $900.00 to be precise( which i pay for) and the management company put us for eviction in court, when i started asking him why he did that, he went off on me as usual screaming, shoving me around, and i managed to get away from him, i got into my car drove off and told him to get ready for a divorce because i can't take everything that he does to me anymore ( usually his first point of call is that he will get immigration to deport me and if not for him i will not be here, so i should take whatever emotional torture he metes out on me).I have leaved in fear, practically did his bead, to avoid all of this that is about to happen.
When i drove off and told him to prepare for a divorce, he told me he will kill me if i divorce him, that struck right home, i went over to my friend's house and called the police to make a report that my life has been threatened, the cop came over and talked with me, he told me to go and file an INJUNCTION against him, so that he can stay as far as possible from me and then call them back so that they could go serve him the letter, and if he tries to make contact with me, even through a third party, he will come and arrest him, i also told the police man that he always shoved me around and when i tell him i will call the cops he tells me to get ready to be deported. Anyway, i'm getting an injunction against him tomorrow and i'm going ahead with the divorce by next week. Atleast i need to be alive first. So do you guys think i will be able to take out the conditions on my GC by myself or is it gonna be impossible, we have pictures, life insurance policy which i'm the beneficiary, health insurance, car insurance, light bills, telephone bills, one tax return together, lease agreement in both names and i have friends and family willing to give me affidavit. Please let me know if i have a case. Thanks

Make sure you keep evidence of everything with dates like the money he took out of your account; also the papers, the witnesses, etc as you need them down the road to prove in the immigration that you entered into this wedding as a good will gesture and this marriage was bona fide until he turned into a monster. It is absolutely important that you keep your head cool and don't lose your heart as he is trying to play games and wanna make you so nervous so that you obey everything under his spell. The more proofs you have; the more gonna be easy to get your permanent GC in USCIS....

The amount of stress that i have experienced for the past couple of days, infact only God has seen me through, i do not wish anyone to experience what i'm going through, i went as far as calling the immigration officer that interviewed us and told him everything in tears, and he told me to contact legal aid and they will help in filing form i-360, i don't know where all of this will end, but i know that in the end i will prevail.

You have plenty of the initial evidence, make copies of ALL those police reports and the injuction and your friend can make an affidavit that she has experienced your fear and the emotional trauma that is causing you.

You really need to be divorced of him, he should know better that if he threats to kill you he gets in trouble...so, well, he is asking for it.

By the way, if you have all those police reports you even don't need to be divorce to file for the removal of conditions since you filed under WAVA BUT BEFORE that, please consult an immigration attorney and for the divorce you need a family law attorney.

Take care of yourself.

wow trust me girl. u have more than enough to show uscis,i was in bad marriage too but mine was not that crazy, and u have more evidence than me
i have everyhing u mentioned except taxe returns. and my case was approved in 5 months.

It sounds like you can file your I-751 (removal of condition) with a waiver for the joint filing requirement, pretty much at any time now, as soon as you collect evidence of all this abuse. You can also wait to get divorced and submit the decree as evidence. You fall into two possible categories. I am not even sure if you need an I-360 in that case, but I could be wrong. Good luck. You should be fine.

The judge approved the petition, he approved a temporary injunction for 2wks, but the problem now is that, he knew that i was getting an injunction against him, our mutual friend told him, so he went over to our apartment and packed everything including my clothes and shoes and left, I am trying to locate where he is, so that i could call the sheriff to go serve him the injunction, because if he does not get served, the injunction will be null and void and i can't go to court. He says he must punish me, please if anyone has input on what i should do now, i would appreciate it, i have an appointment with an immigration attorney on saturday.

Do you have his office address; if NOT then ask the attorney in the meeting as there are other methods (varies from state to state)to get served. Also, keep the record (dates and time) of all of his threats and intimidations....

The judge approved the petition, he approved a temporary injunction for 2wks, but the problem now is that, he knew that i was getting an injunction against him, our mutual friend told him, so he went over to our apartment and packed everything including my clothes and shoes and left, I am trying to locate where he is, so that i could call the sheriff to go serve him the injunction, because if he does not get served, the injunction will be null and void and i can't go to court. He says he must punish me, please if anyone has input on what i should do now, i would appreciate it, i have an appointment with an immigration attorney on saturday.

Wow, I am so sorry for what you are going trough. Most importantly you should make sure you are safe, it sounds like he could be dangerous. I am also sure you will be fine with immigration, if they know all the stuff you are going through!
I wish I could help you more, but just take care of yourself.

Do you have his office address; if NOT then ask the attorney in the meeting as there are other methods (varies from state to state)to get served. Also, keep the record (dates and time) of all of his threats and intimidations....

He has not worked for the past 3 months, he gets a job this month either he gets fired or he quits because he knows that i'm there, and i will never let us go hungry.

I have a tough time with your recent story.

I backtracked and read your earlier posts, interview, christmas present from the interviewer [I did not hold my breath] and your child there was no hint of domestic violence.

You painted a rosy picture here and all of a sudden from the left field comes domestic violence - tough to swallow.

As judge Judy says if it does not make sense, it is a ***

I backtracked and read your earlier posts, interview, christmas present from the interviewer [I did not hold my breath] and your child there was no hint of domestic violence.

You painted a rosy picture here and all of a sudden from the left field comes domestic violence - tough to swallow.

Interesting comments Moe...It prompted me to look at her earlier threads too and it seems like she knew about her hubby being bad even before her filing of GC.....her post from oct 14 2007 clearly mentions about trouble....but seems like she was fine with it as he was filing for her but things changed once she got GC? besides she has overstayed her visa by 2 yrs and divorced her hubby from abroad by staying here.....Seems little more that fishy to me....link below to earlier post

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1801782#post1801782

Look, i have been through so much as a person, the last thing i need is you adding to my stress, i came here for solution, i shared my happy times and this is a troubled time, i have only come to see if someone had a an advice that can help me, not add to my stress, he has been bad to me but everyday i thought he would change and i hung in there, it only grew worse, do i have to die because he filed my paperwork? if you were in my shoes, hopefully you won't be, won't you fight for yourself. Please if you have nothing to offer stay out. Thanks.

Okay, here we go again, i got my temporary GC in december and have been married for one year, but honestly i cannot take the abuse, lies and intimidation, i don't even know where to begin, but i have to start from somewhere. My husband cannot keep a job or better still does not have one, the most recent of all the abuses is that he went and withdrew our rent money from our joint account $900.00 to be precise( which i pay for) and the management company put us for eviction in court, when i started asking him why he did that, he went off on me as usual screaming, shoving me around, and i managed to get away from him, i got into my car drove off and told him to get ready for a divorce because i can't take everything that he does to me anymore ( usually his first point of call is that he will get immigration to deport me and if not for him i will not be here, so i should take whatever emotional torture he metes out on me).I have leaved in fear, practically did his bead, to avoid all of this that is about to happen.
When i drove off and told him to prepare for a divorce, he told me he will kill me if i divorce him, that struck right home, i went over to my friend's house and called the police to make a report that my life has been threatened, the cop came over and talked with me, he told me to go and file an INJUNCTION against him, so that he can stay as far as possible from me and then call them back so that they could go serve him the letter, and if he tries to make contact with me, even through a third party, he will come and arrest him, i also told the police man that he always shoved me around and when i tell him i will call the cops he tells me to get ready to be deported. Anyway, i'm getting an injunction against him tomorrow and i'm going ahead with the divorce by next week. Atleast i need to be alive first. So do you guys think i will be able to take out the conditions on my GC by myself or is it gonna be impossible, we have pictures, life insurance policy which i'm the beneficiary, health insurance, car insurance, light bills, telephone bills, one tax return together, lease agreement in both names and i have friends and family willing to give me affidavit. Please let me know if i have a case. Thanks

Yes you will be able to! what state do you live in?

Interesting comments Moe...It prompted me to look at her earlier threads too and it seems like she knew about her hubby being bad even before her filing of GC.....her post from oct 14 2007 clearly mentions about trouble....but seems like she was fine with it as he was filing for her but things changed once she got GC? besides she has overstayed her visa by 2 yrs and divorced her hubby from abroad by staying here.....Seems little more that fishy to me....link below to earlier post

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1801782#post1801782

This women's personal life is not the issue here. The fact is she got her GC, so forget about her "overstay," and her 1st husbands divorce, thats NOT the issue here, that part is over. Maby she thought that things would work themselves out? who knows, and who cares?? are you USCIS? NO.

To answer her question, if her husband does abuse her as she claims, with police report, divorce, and witness statements she will be able to remove her conditions, Period!

This women's personal life is not the issue here. The fact is she got her GC, so forget about her "overstay," and her 1st husbands divorce, thats NOT the issue here, that part is over. Maby she thought that things would work themselves out? who knows, and who cares?? are you USCIS? NO.

To answer her question, if her husband does abuse her as she claims, with police report, divorce, and witness statements she will be able to remove her conditions, Period!

I would not say that she will have no trouble with USCIS if there is a previous marriage, an international divorce, an overstay and just 1 year of marriage when it comes to filing I360. Atleast the USCIS would be inclined to investigate some of it to see if this was immigration fraud. Again what I just said is speculation but I can't see how people can just come in and say that you have plenty of evidence and it's going to be a piece of cake.

Best of luck to the OP through all this.

That exactly was my point.....If outsiders like me suspects her case, then uscis could too...Remember 'Slam Dunk' comment? Trialderror is sounding like one....There is no slam dunk here buddy

Florida, thanks for being open minded, the immigration attorney told me to put my paper work together so that he can review everything, then we can proceed from there. I will update as things progress.

You will be fine,. Ignore the negative comments on here you will get many.

Married to US Citizen November 11, 2006.
Re-date for I-485, I-130, I-765, 12-11-06
NOA- I-485, I-130, I-765- 12-14
RFE I-485- 12-26
Biometrics(code 3)- done 01-29-07
RFE Received- 02-07-07
LUD I-765 - 02-23-07
Lud I-765 - 02-27-06 APPROVED!
ND- Interview(Tampa), 02-16-07
Interview Date - 03-20-07
LUD- I-485, I-130, 03-01-07
Interview- 03-20-07-APPROVED!!!
LUD I-130 Approved 03-20-07!!!
LUD I-485 Welcome notice sent, Card production ordered 03-23-07
LUD- Welcome notice received 03-27-07
LUD- I485 Approval notice mailed 03-28-07!!!
03-30-07 GC received!
106 days in all.

Last edited by a moderator: