So I received the I-485 approval notice on 11/22/16, and I'm about to visit China, the country where I was born. This is going to be my first international travel right after I get my green card(assuming I'll get it soon). I'll be staying in China for 3 months at most. The tricky part is: my Chinese passport is expired. My questions are below:
- Do I need a U.S re-entry permit if I only travel there for 3 months?
- What is my national since I got my green card, and I heard the Chinese government does not accept dual national?
- Since I need a visa or valid passport to enter mainland China, should I renew my Chinese passport?
- After entering China, how do I guarantee to exit China and come back to the U.S.? Can they keep me from exiting because I'm using the Chinese passport to travel, even though I have green card?
- Or, can I apply U.S. travel visa?