I had Interview Today

jaxguy1

Registered Users (C)
I had interview today and IO gave me N-652 letter with option (A) checked
"Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time.......... "

Just took 10 minutes to complete the whole process. IO went over the N-400 application form I submitted and asked/verified information from the same. Then checked my passports and tallied the foreign trips with stamps on the passports.

For US history test, IO asked me six questions and stopped there since I answered all six correctly (you have to answer 6 out 10 questions to pass).

IO informed me that I will get a letter in the mail for Oath ceremony, however IO also mentioned that there is a ceremony scheduled for the end of this month (I am hoping to get the letter in time for this ceremony).

I took every piece of paper I could find since I have been in the US, but IO didn't ask me for a single piece of paper. The key point for interview is to go over your N-400 form you submitted, and be prepared to answer any question IO can ask you from what you have said on the form.

Good Luck to you all.

congrats

Congrats on becoming a citizen..

Can you post what questions did he ask about your N400?(Especially about GC sponsorship , how long u stayed with employer etc?)

Thanks in advance

Jax

Jaxguy1;
Do live in the Jacksonville area? Where do you live in relation to the oath location?

Congrats on becoming a citizen..

Can you post what questions did he ask about your N400?(Especially about GC sponsorship , how long u stayed with employer etc?)

Thanks in advance

Questions:

1. How many stripes are there on our flag?
2. What makes up Congress?
3. For how long do we elect each Senator?
4. What are the duties of the supreme court?
5. Who is the current Governor of Florida? (state you live in)
6. What is the name of the President's official home?

Written: Today is a sunny day

Reading: The came to America to get religious freedom (something like this)

GC: Employement based, 4 1/2 years with same employer.

Then checked my passports and tallied the foreign trips with stamps on the passports.

After reading your post, I just realized I have mis-calculated the days I was out of the US.(by only two days) Is this going to be a big problem? For example, my flight out of the US left on Monday, but didn't land in the foreign country until Wednesday, due to the long flight time(18 hours) and the int'l date line.

Questions:

Oh no.... what's the answer(s) to this question?

Thanks! :)

Unless you are on the cusp of continuous residence or physical presence, I wouldn't worry about a mistake like this.

"To interpret the laws of the land" or something like that. Check out the Guide to Naturalization

Questions:

1. How many stripes are there on our flag?
2. What makes up Congress?
3. For how long do we elect each Senator?
5. Who is the current Governor of Florida? (state you live in)
6. What is the name of the President's official home?

Written: Today is a sunny day

Reading: The came to America to get religious freedom (something like this)

GC: Employement based, 4 1/2 years with same employer.

How many stripes ??? Or did you mean stars ?

After reading your post, I just realized I have mis-calculated the days I was out of the US.(by only two days) Is this going to be a big problem? For example, my flight out of the US left on Monday, but didn't land in the foreign country until Wednesday, due to the long flight time(18 hours) and the int'l date line.

I wouldn't worry about 2 days. If you are listing all your trips to the best of your knowledge, thats all it matters. IO want to make sure you are not missing any trip(s) intentionally.

Oh no.... what's the answer(s) to this question?

Thanks! :)

To interpret and explain the Laws

Take a look at the flag sometime, it's red, white and blue, and has a whole bunch of little stars on a blue field up in the corner. The rest of the flag has red and white stripes.
:)

JAX-Pensacola

My TimeLine
Mailed N400 to TSC 10 Nov 06
FP in NOLA 05 Dec 06
IV letter rcvd abt 20 Dec 06
IV in JAX, passed 29 Jan 07
Oath letter dated 29 Mar 07 (from TSC)
Oath letter post-marked 03 Apr 07
Oath letter recvd 05 Apr 07
Oath date 27 Apr 07 in Pensacola, FL:D

Congratulations !!!! eedyah

Do you have DO in Pensacola? Just wondering since you had interview in JAX and now oath in Pensacola???? Did you requested to have interview in JAX?

Here is the info for next Oath ceremony in Jacksonville, FL. I hope to get Oath letter in time for this ceremony.

Naturalization Ceremony — The ceremony will take place on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 10:30 a.m. at the Federal Courthouse in room 13-A. The Honorable Harvey E. Schlesinger, United States District Judge, will preside and former AUSA Marcio Valladares is the guest speaker. The ceremony will open with the Color Guards, an inspirational message from JoAnne Eichelberger, and a performance by soloist, Elliot Wimes. Presidents of the various local voluntary bars will also attend, and a video message from Pres. George W. Bush will air and show scenery of the country.

District office JAX

Jaxguy1,
The DO for Pensacola is Jacksonville. Yes that is a LONG way, 6 hour drive one way. We would drive over there spend the night in a motel and drive back the next day. It's a big hassel especially considering that New Orleans BCIS office is only 3.5 hour away from Pensacola. They gave us a break and sent us to New Orleans for FP and Fed Court Pensacola for the Oath. (for the green card FP and ALL interviews we had to go all the way to JAX!!):cool:
My TimeLine
Mailed N400 to TSC 10 Nov 06
FP in NOLA 05 Dec 06
IV letter rcvd abt 20 Dec 06
IV in JAX, passed 29 Jan 07
Oath letter dated 29 Mar 07 (from TSC)
Oath letter post-marked 03 Apr 07
Oath letter recvd 05 Apr 07
Oath date 27 Apr 07 in Pensacola, FL:D

Thats a long drive .....but looking at your timeline I am sure you didn't mind the drive as your case went through smoothly. Enjoy the Oath day......