I got this strange letter from National Visa Center, Please help

embolism

Registered Users (C)
EB1
I485 pending.

I got this strange letter from National Visa Center? Has anybody got anything like this????

Letter of Termination of Registration.

We refer to your application for an immigrant visa. Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf cancelled, if you donot apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

Your were advised of this requirement on August 2, 2008, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your are hereby notified that your application for a visa has been cancelled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated, if within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigration visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control.

If you have any questions or are experiencing difficulty in complying with above instructions, please contact the National visa center at the address below.
United States Department of State
National Visa Center
Attn: TERM
32 Rochester Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909
Phone: (603) 334 0700

EB1
I485 pending.

I got this strange letter from National Visa Center? Has anybody got anything like this????

Letter of Termination of Registration.

We refer to your application for an immigrant visa. Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf cancelled, if you donot apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

Your were advised of this requirement on August 2, 2008, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your are hereby notified that your application for a visa has been cancelled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated, if within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigration visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control.

If you have any questions or are experiencing difficulty in complying with above instructions, please contact the National visa center at the address below.
United States Department of State
National Visa Center
Attn: TERM
32 Rochester Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909
Phone: (603) 334 0700

Do you remember if you have requested, while filing I-140, that after approval it be forwarded for consular processing? If yes, USCIS would have sent a copy of the approved I-140 to the State Department and to the National Visa Center (which is a part of the State Department) and then the National Visa Center would have started the initial steps for your consular processing of an immigrant visa (and they should have mailed you something at that time). Consular processing is an alternative procedure to adjustment of status for the final step in obtaining a green card. Instead of filing I-485 with USCIS, consular processing involves an interview at a U.S. consular post abroad and an issuance of an actual immigrant visa; when a holder of such a visa enters the U.S., he/she becomes a permanent resident and receives a green card in mail a little while later.

If you never requested consular processing or even if you did request it but then changed your mind and decided to do adjustment of status and filed I-485, I think you are perfectly fine and whatever NVC has done should have no effect on your pending USCIS I-485 application. The only practical consequence of NVC's letter is that it is no longer possible for you to pursue the consular processing option based on this approved I-140 petition.

It also could be that the NVC confused you with somebody else and mailed you that letter in error.

In any case, I'd suggest sending NVC a letter saying that you never requested consular processing (assuming that this is the case) and that you have filed an I-485 adjustment of status application instead.

I've a similar situation, can you help me with the response that was sent to NVC and what was the update from NVC post your response....

Thank You....!

I've a similar situation, can you help me with the response that was sent to NVC and what was the update from NVC post your response....

Thank You....!

The post you're responding to is over 6 years old, the OP hasn't returned to the forum since that post.