I got my IV from Montreal

GCAspirant

Registered Users (C)
Yes. I got it., I have received the Immigration VISA through Montreal and entered US through Fort Erie/Buffalo. Returned back to Canada after two days. Actual relocation may be in the last week of December.

The wait was painful but the endgame passed like breeze. So much relieved.

Congratulations! GCaspirant

Question, there is one person posting in this forum about the
bearded guy back in Montreal. Did you see him while at the consulate?

Thanks.

Duke ruski01

There was only a lady officer

that day all interviews are conducted in the same room. I guess by the same lady officer. Every one came out of the room with a smile on their face.

Difficult Interviews

Got this from a reliable source. Don\'t know if this was the bearded guy in action, or just an unlucky applicant. Interview date unknown; presumably in the last two weeks. Interviewer was a male, beard status unknown.

An applicant was put through the wringer in Montreal during the IV interview. While discussing DS 230 part II, the interviewee shared some traffic related incident. The interviewer chose to delve into that matter. That the applicant did not have sufficient documentation to back up his claims of resolution of the incident made things even more difficult.

While the applicant did get an IV approval, the process was far from smooth.

Moral of the story, if you have had any kind of issues in the past, make sure you carry sufficient documentary evidence to demonstrate issue resolution.

No Title

There might be a new guy in Montreal. I do not think that we can assume that he is as mean as the bearded guy was just based on this story.
Maybe he was only doing his job after the applicant shared his traffic related incident.

No Title

Congratulations!

Are you a LI in canada or a citizen? If you are an LI, did the canadian
officers ask you too many questions on returning back?

Where to get Medical Examinations and how much time it took

Hi,

May I know the experience of talking medical exam? Do we need to take in Montreal? If so do we need appointment, how much time it will take to get medicals done?

I am not a Landed Immigrant

I am working in Canada with Employment Authorization. While returning , the conversation went on as follows .
Me: I gave my passport with the page showing 551 stamp and said I am green card holder in US.
Officer : Where is your residence.
Me : I am staying in Mississauga. but I am moving to US.
Off : Are you working in Canada?
Me :Yes.
Off : How are you working in Canada?
I have shown the Employment authorization paper
He looked at it for a while and said "OK".
Off: Do you have anything to declare
Me: No
Off : You can go.
It was a easy entry. It might have taken just 3 minutes.