I got my 140 approval notice today with wrong PD

josamdee

Registered Users (C)
I got my 140 approval notice today but there is one glitch

The Priority Date on my 140 approval notice is mentioned as May 12, 2005 which is not correct.
This needs to be corrected other wise the 485 would not be approved.

The Priority date for this application needs to be 12 April 2002 the Original Labor filling date.

Folks please let me know how to proceed on this, i am worried

Is your original labor beneficiary ever filed I-140?

From your signaute it is evident that yours is a substitution labor case. If it is true, then find out whether your employer ever filed I-140 for the original beneficiary and it got approved and later withdrawn to substitute you. In this scenario you would get your I-140 RD as your PD. In all other cases, the original labor RD should be the PD.

josamdee said:
I got my 140 approval notice today but there is one glitch

The Priority Date on my 140 approval notice is mentioned as May 12, 2005 which is not correct.
This needs to be corrected other wise the 485 would not be approved.

The Priority date for this application needs to be 12 April 2002 the Original Labor filling date.

Folks please let me know how to proceed on this, i am worried

i know for sure that my labor is not used by anybody and secondly the PD mentioned on the approved 140 does not match with either my 140 filling date or the approved labor.

140 Questions

questions:
Can employer file a labor substitution by using the labor for which I140 is already approved?
Can he revoke the approved 140 and use the underlaying labor for another I140?
I was thinking.. once I 140 is approved the underlaying labor is use less Am I wrong?

Employer need to attach original labor to I 140 right? so one can not file multiple I 140s based on one approved labor?

If I 140 is approved and you file for I485 ., can the benificiary change employer before 180 days based on new AC21 updates?

why do people highjack other people's thread by posting there own questions on it?

why do people highjack other people's thread by posting there own questions on it that are irrelevent to the starter of thread? :mad:

gc999999999:
If you have a query please start a new thread.

WHICH ONE FROM BELOW IS TRUE?

1> I have been told by few people that "Whatever date is on 140 receipt notice is the same as that on their system and will impact when they adjudicate 485" so I should get it changed immediately

OR

2> The PD on 140 does not matter, they look at the PD of the underlying labor to adjudicate 485 http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1601

Guys!! anybody with experience on this or were in a similar situation, please respond!!! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 approval should have origianl LC PD

Usually the I-140 RECEIPT ( after filing ) will list the filing date as the PD but the final I-140 APPROVAL will have the original LC's PD.

Things don't look right on yours. What does your attorney say?

Udai

My 140 was approved in May 2005 but Priority Date on my 140 approval notice is not correct, it is May,12 2005 instead of original labor date of 12 Apr 2002.
My attorney has sent faxes and emails to UCIS to get it corrected and there was no reply to the FAX but we got a reply to the email on July 14 that it will be corrected soon.

I am changing my job to a new employer using AC21 and need to get the PD corrected. Is it safe to change the employer and attorney or i am stuck till the PD is corrected?
Can my new attorney get it corrected because the PD is wrong on 485 (underlying 140) or the the UCIS idiots will not entertain the request from beneficiary and would need it from petitioner ( my employer's attorney)

Does any body know what a UCIS Liason is? One of the attornies suggested that i use a liason to get this corrected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am responding to the email you sent me with the link to this discussion. You do need to get the PD corrected. As far as I know, CIS goes by the date on the I-140.