I got married in April 2008 and still nothing

fratarra

Registered Users (C)
Hi, i'm an Italian Citizen and my husband and I got married in April 2008. We filed on July 15th 2008. We received the receipt for I-130, I-485 and I765.
I did the biometrics after 2 weeks we filed. After that at the end of semptember they sent us a request for more evidences for my husband's tax returns. We sent them and they received everything on October 10th.
Since then..a big fat NOTHING... no work permit, no words about the interview... i'm freaking out, my husband is freaking out.. our lawyer is telling us to be patience and when i called the USCIS to have some info they told me that is "processing" but they are not giving me any time frame...
is anybody else in my situation? it's sooo frustrating...

thank you everybody and good luck!

Francesca

Hi, i'm an Italian Citizen and my husband and I got married in April 2008. We filed on July 15th 2008. We received the receipt for I-130, I-485 and I765.
I did the biometrics after 2 weeks we filed. After that at the end of semptember they sent us a request for more evidences for my husband's tax returns. We sent them and they received everything on October 10th.
Since then..a big fat NOTHING... no work permit, no words about the interview... i'm freaking out, my husband is freaking out.. our lawyer is telling us to be patience and when i called the USCIS to have some info they told me that is "processing" but they are not giving me any time frame...
is anybody else in my situation? it's sooo frustrating...

thank you everybody and good luck!

Francesca

unfortunately there are many other people in a situation like yours:(there are not many things that you can do because USCIS is kind of a mess,but the things that you can do are:1st you can call the 800 number but do not ask about your I485,ask about the I765(EAD) so they can make a service request.there is some kind of a limit about 90 days in which they have to issue the work permit.2nd you can make an info pass(app to your local office) and ask the people there for some info on your case.Good luck to you and hope you have some positive news soon

Good luck with that. I live in Maryland -- which i believe has the longest waiting period. It took me over a year to get an interview. the interview was successful in Sept and havent received the card in the mail.

Same situation here.....I got a request for more evidence too. They received it on October 30 and then nothing after that......please let me know when you get something and I'll do the same
Thanks.

Hi all, looks like we're all in the same boat. I filed my applications in june and had my biometrics in July. there was a RFE issued in Spetember to which i made the infopass appointment and also send the response in october. Till now there is no update. there is no point in opening service requests. A better way to handle this is to make infopass appointment and talk to an immigration officer there. I already contacted the ombudsman, DHS and am waiting for the response. I sent letters to the director, deputy director and the supervisor of the National Benefits Center but i dont know if they will even look at the application. The only thing left is to proceed legally and file a case agaisnt the USCIS but i'm afraid that might delay the process even more. Any suggestions?

same boat...

Submitted application Dec 19 2008. Received Notice of Action for biometrics and did it on Jan 21, 2009. Got RFE and they received it Mar 18, 2009....June 24 went to Info Pass and inquired about my case. The lady who helped me told me that they started working on my case just last June 15, 2009 and that they assigned me a new Alien registration number. She said that I should be getting something in the mail within 3 weeks, if not, then call them.

Today, I checked my case status online and it said that they received RFE on June 25, 2009 (I am not aware that they needed additional evidence...have to call lawyer on Monday and double check with her)...So does my 60/ 90 day wait period for an EAD start on June 25? Do I include weekends and holidays when counting?