I-EAD before 90 days count?

Dear All,

My current EAD expired and unfortunately I did not get the next
one (my third) on time. Since VSC recieved my application on Nov
13th, I think that after Feb 13th I'll be eligible for an Interim EAD.

Did anybody managed to get the interim document prior to
90 days? Frankly, I've already gone to the Newark office once,
but they told me to wait till Feb 13. Shall I try it one more time
hoping to get another officer, or would it be possible to apply
in another city (Philly, Boston etc).

Thank you,

Hi,

I am in the same situation.

Did the officer checked the dates to verify the 90 day rule. Also could you tell me the procedure to go in to Newark Office, and what documents do we have to take.

Do you know the procedure for taking appointment if I wanted to go on an Wednesday? Please let me know

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I-EAD before 90 days

It seems many local offices now giving appointment for I-EAD. (Some times we may get the appointment after 30 days) I Plan to go to local office in VA next week to try before 90 days. My 3rd EAD RD is Dec-8th. My 90 days will be over by Mar-7th. But my current EAD is valid upto Feb-11.

If anyone with the same situtation, please post the details and other options.

Applied online on 10/16/03 and did photographing and fp in York INS on 10/24. No reply after that.

iEAD at Baltimore office

- Local offices check for the 90 day before giving an appt or issuing same day EAD.

Experience at Baltimore: No same day EAD

1. EAD applied at VSC: RD Sep 29, 2003 and ND Sep 30, 2003
2. Applied for iEAD on Jan 2 at Baltimore office. They checked the ND before even giving me a ticket and said will contact me in 2 to 4 weeks.
3. Received appt letter on Jan 16 for an appt on Jan 22.
4. Got iEAD on Jan 22 from Baltimore office. Officer took the old EAD, checked no other documents, no ID, no passport. All 40 people for EAD were done in 20 minutes.

My EAD was expiring on Jan 28, 2004. Just 4 days short of no job situation.

Also applied for iEAD at Boston, MA office on Jan 6. Refused based on maryland resident, no jurisdiction crap. Contact congressman also, not sure if that initiated the appointment letter from the Baltimore office, or just my luck.

I hope this helps.

Advice to all: Apply for EAD atleast 6 months in advance.

People just act smart and try to scare you.

Hi Everyone,

People just act smart and try to scare you.

I went to INS local office in Arlington, VA.
I am also in the same situation as you all, my EAD is expiring tomorrow and I don't have the new approved one.

The officer told that its absolutely legal for you to continiue to work till you get your EAD approval. If your company is very particular about EAD expiration, and if you lose job because of this reason, then they can issue a letter to the employer. But they won't issue an interim EAD till 90 days are over.

So don't get panic just talk to your employer and explain the situation.
Wish you all good luck.

vinidel1

Have you passed 90 days from applying I-EAD receipt date? Did they give you an appointment letter?. My receipt date is 10/07/03, so mine is around 105 days and I went to Arlington office Wednesday this week. They said the same thing as you mentioned that we could continue working and its legal. Also they issued an appointment letter for an interview in March '04. But I am not really sure if it is legal to work.

Vinidel1
This is exactly what my lawyer told me. She said if my employer asked me about my expired EAD I can show them the reciept for applying for the second one and if they still not sure, the lawyer can send them a letter.
Applied for second EAD RD: 10/25
First EAD expired 1/04/2004

Dear Friends,
I checked with my company attorney and she said, my company will not allow me to work until I get EAD or IEAD approved. Also she mentioned it may not be possible to get the appointment for IEAD before completing 90 days.

Good Luck to all.

MORGAN60
If the Immigration office told you its legal to work with your expired EAD if you have the reciept, are you going to tell them they are WRONG???????

Please clarify!

vinidel1,

Confused again because most of us have been advised that we can not work if we do not have a valid EAD in our hand.
If it's true we can work with receipt of EAD application only, why so many gurus here are so desperated! My lawyer also confirmed me that we can not work for the pending period.
Why don't you ask the officer in Arlington INS office to provide a letter to state we can work legally as long as hold the receipt?
If then, you should be a hero and can save many desperated people.

Originally posted by brightstar
If the Immigration office told you its legal to work with your expired EAD if you have the reciept, are you going to tell them they are WRONG???????

My inability to tell them they are wrong does not make what they say correct.

The inability of anyone low level at USCIS to make a definitive and consistent statement about anything is well-known. If it doesn't come in writing from head office, I don't trust it.

I applied for my second EAD. The ND was 10/02/03. The AD was 12/24/03. Guess that counts as under or about 90 days. AP actually took longer than EAD, and they claim 60 days for AP...:)

Goober

Is there any local INS office to accept other regional residence and give iEAD at the visiting date?

swepraba,

Please post your experience after you visit the local office in VA.
My receipt date is just passed 70days from the receipt date, but do not expect that VSC approve my EAD in 90 days. So want to know we can make an appointment even in less 90 days.

Appreciate for your any comment.

Interim EAD

Do we need to make an appointment at Local INS office to get the Interim EAD or we can just walk on any day after 90 days have expired. Could anyone please give the Number to call to make an appointment.

Thanks,
Pratibha