I don't see the reason to live..

Wow! As long as the country you are from is not Palestine, Iraq or Afghanistan you have a reason to live :)

I completelly agree with you. Some days are bad even for me, being legal in the country and all. My whole family and my husband's have visas so they can come and visit us; actually my sister and my mother in law are coming in December, and it is not like my family is in a lot of economic needs. My sisters are all professionals. But i still miss my home land a lot. I probably gonna move back once I become a citizen. Or to my husband's country. I have been here 7 years and still a little home sick.

Can anyone explain to me how an illegal alien can obtain a GC by marrying a USC?

I mean if someone is illegal, he or she would not be able to adjust his or her status and would have to return to his or her own country in order to obtain an immigration visa. If that is the case, the illegal alien will then be subjected to the 3 or 10 year bars, and the only waiver available would require that the alien's USC spouse or USC children meet the exceptional and extremely unusual hardship standard.

The other alternative is for the illegal alien to stay in the US, go thru removal proceedings and then apply for a cancellation of removal, in which the only waiver available would again, require that the alien's USC spouse or USC children meet the exceptional and extremely unusual hardship standard.

Or are they any other waivers available? I am confused, please help and explain guys.

if you entered with a visa and you marry an usc you can go thru aos here
if you cross the border or entered without inspection you cannot

If you entered without inspection (ie crossing a border)you have to go thru a perdon (waiver) and that might be denied.

And obtaining such waiver is nearly the hardest thing to do :p...

But yeah, nobody who entered the US without a visa (was not inspected at the border and granted entry) will be able to adjust status.

And obtaining such waiver is nearly the hardest thing to do :p...

But yeah, nobody who entered the US without a visa (was not inspected at the border and granted entry) will be able to adjust status.

Oh COME ON!!! Why do you keep saying that? Did you read the supplement A to I-485. You pay the fine, you adjust status.

Did YOU read the supplement A? only under certain conditions you can pay the fine and adjust... not everyone can do it.

Extract from the I-485A Instructions:

"You do not need to submit documentation in addition to the documentation required by the instructions on Form I-485 unless you are
the beneficiary of a visa petition or application for labor certification properly filed on your behalf after January 14, 1998, and on or
before April 30, 2001. Aliens using section 245(i) because they are beneficiaries of a visa petition or application for labor
certification filed after January 14, 1998, and on or before April 30, 2001, should submit documentation along with this form
that demonstrates physical presence in the United States on December 21, 2000."

Praetorian is right. You must have the 245 protection.

Although I dont see how it is funny for anyone the concept of a waiver being hard to file. If anything that is sad.

Did YOU read the supplement A? only under certain conditions you can pay the fine and adjust... not everyone can do it.

Sorry... :( I'm just getting confused... Just getting my facts straight, cause I was sure you could do it... (plus I know some people who have done it... never really inquired how, though)

Nynite supplement A is only for people covered by 245i, which means you had some kind of petition (labor, family) by April 30th 2001 and were physycally in the country on 12/21/2000

if you don't qualify for sec 245 i (i.e. this means that you did not file a LCA or an I130 prior to April XX 2001) and if you entered the country illegally without inspection, you would need to get a hardship waiver even if you marry a USC.

Hardship waivers are limited (for cancellation of removal), and are extremely difficult to get.

Thanks a lot guys!

Well, I came with a visa and is still valid, only my I94 expired more than 180 days. (If I was from those countries, I could just apply as refugee..)

About finding a new guy. Well, on our hard days, which we have a lot recently -and i blame my situation and anger-, I do think of breaking up with him. However, the whole situation made me feel really "low class" since my education is higher than high school however my job is really embarrassing for me and I don't know how to tell people what I do. It's not a big deal, but "Hey I do this and that, but I have a Masters"..who cares, and than the following quiestion, why I dont have a better job than..
I would like a decent guy, but noone would marry me or have me as a gf at least, I believe. If I had a decent job, I could have the gutts and be opened for a guy, but without the guy, I cant have the job.
I am happier here in my depression, than I would be back in my country. And I have not been in any other country I would live in. I know, it's sad..

Leah: Please do not talk to yourself like that. A job does not make the person. You are a human being and it does not matter which job you do (unless is a crime). Work dignifies people, no matter what you do and there is still plenty of people in this country that are good people and wont care about your job, although I understand that you as any other person would be cautiuos about marrying someone, specially when something like a GC is in the middle of it. I had my chance (I dated a usc by birth for a long time) and I refused to marry him even though he offered me marriage and GC and the works. But I could not bring myself to do it. Your situation is different because you dont have a legal paper, but that does not make you less than anyone. The right man will see thru that and he will see the real Leah.
My best wishes to you.