I don't see the reason to live..

she talks about how hard life would be back in her home country. I can identify with her because of my soon-to-be communist country... I just wondered what is her country? What's the big deal?

Obviously if she is here life there must be hard, no matter which country it is. she is depressed because she cant get her gc, nothing to do with the country or ethnicity, and she did not mention any political persecussion etc.

I was wondering if you are going to get a job now that you have a gc. I just cannot imagine my life without working (I have been doing it since I am 12, either part time or full time) and not being able to have something productive to do must be hell. (another reason to choose my gc process by employment and not getting married to some 'redneck' just kidding, to some american)

you dont even have an ead? wow we applied for AOS thru my job on june 4th and got our ead (not that makes any difference because I have been with this company for almost one year) in 2 months.
My husband is a post doc researcher and wont be using it either. But I wonder why would take them so long to give an ead

Thanks you all!!!

Tech, also thanks, my country is corrupt thus..
Not midlife crisis, but I guess life crisis. I am not young but my appearance is young, so as I heard I could apply for jobs here without them asking my age since it's illegal.

But, seriously, is it possible to apply for work permit here, or some kinda work related reason to legalize myself?

Oh, btw, noone has asked my out in a while, eventhough -I have BF and- I hang out with my friends also. So I don't see how I could marry a usc.

you have a boyfriend and yet you are complaining that nobody has asked you out in a while? What kind of relationship is that? I am waiting for my ead but even when I get the job I will still be here.

Huh? I am not complaining, someone suggested me to get a usc. My reaction is 1. i want to marry my bf 2. if I left him to marry someone, that couldnt happen since noone has asked me out for a while (so i guess im less attractive) so there is no reason and chance to start a new relationship with anyone. That's all im saying.

leah, wait until your boyfriend becomes a usc and then if you decide to marry him, you become a legal resident.
I hope everithing goes well for you. Do not feel compelled to explain your private life on an internet boards, after all is your life and is none one bussiness but yours.
I wish you the best!

I completelly understand you, it speaks volumes about you that you did not jump to marry the first "american" you met!!!
I have been in this country for 7 years, but marrying a person for gc is strongly against my moral principles. I married for love to a wonderful man (who is not american btw). The GC I got it thru my job.(well working on it)

I see you love your bf. Just hang in there, once he becomes a usc, if you love him you will marry him and become a resident. Do not enter a marriage without love, not even a gc is worth that hell....

You are very sweet, thanks tech! This is how I exactly feel, I want to marry someone who I love. I don't even know anyone for other reasons..

The thing is, that I am very very depressed about the situation and I feel I not only can't wait 4 -more-years but not even a few months to live like this. I feel like Im a failure..

How did you get your gc thru work, did u apply here for job? Do you have any advice for me about this?

right now you cannot go thru employment based green card because you overstayed your visa.
Your only chance right now is to marry a usc. I am sorry to hear you boyfriend still has 4 more years to go. :(

I have meet a lot of people who entered relationships for "love" in order to get gc. and I feel sorry for them, . That is not your case; I understand that 4 years is a long time, but listen if you guys marry lets say in 2 years, by the time he becomes a usc , you would be married 2 years and you will be a permanent resident almost immediatly.
Good Luck!

OK, so if I married him and went back to visit my family, could I apply for a visitor visa, or K maybe to come back and be with him?

Dear Leah where should i begin.I am sorry that life is difficult and i cannot imagien going through what u have been through and are still going through.What i can say however is to take a deep breath and listen.I am 24 and i have my conditional green card .Granted that i am in stauts but life is not a bed of roses for most of us immigrants because we have to struggle and work twice as hard as Average Americans because we know what we want and nothing in life comes easy.I dont have a penny to my name myself and i am soon to be getting a minimum wage job.
What you need to really do is to figure out what makes you happy and where you need to be.I think that if you married someone that you did not love simply for the purpose of getting a Green card you will not be happy and you will also put yourself into a situation that u have no control over.I believe that for the length of time that you have been in the United States.You can prove that it would result in extreme hardship if you were removed from the United States because you are the primary caregiver for your children and do not receive any child support.
There is hope.If things are not working out with your present bf leave him an dfind someone else.Dont make yourself a slave to a green card.
:mad: Hi,
I'm writing here because I've got to a point when I don't see the reason to live if I can't do it in the US. In my country the living is very hard, the mentality I can't stand and I am depressed there all the time, even when I just visited there...

I kept coming back because of a guy..now I am feeling old and I work at a job that is degrading and I could do better with my MA. But not without papers. I overstayed because of this person and he only has GC, now I am angry and depressed all the time bc of my living situation and waiting for him another 4 years (I had waited and been with him for 5) seems to be endless with suffering.

Please, tell me that there is hope to get at least work papers if I married him, or other chance to work/live legally (I am aware that noone would sponsor someone with no real job experience and a masters in arts..) or I don't know what to do with my life.

Wow! As long as the country you are from is not Palestine, Iraq or Afghanistan you have a reason to live :)

Ditch the boyfriend and find a US Citizen. If your boyfriend loves you enough he should understand.

:mad: Hi,
I'm writing here because I've got to a point when I don't see the reason to live if I can't do it in the US. In my country the living is very hard, the mentality I can't stand and I am depressed there all the time, even when I just visited there...

I kept coming back because of a guy..now I am feeling old and I work at a job that is degrading and I could do better with my MA. But not without papers. I overstayed because of this person and he only has GC, now I am angry and depressed all the time bc of my living situation and waiting for him another 4 years (I had waited and been with him for 5) seems to be endless with suffering.

Please, tell me that there is hope to get at least work papers if I married him, or other chance to work/live legally (I am aware that noone would sponsor someone with no real job experience and a masters in arts..) or I don't know what to do with my life.

Please seek help for your depression

I know from personal experience that the things that make us depressed sometimes cannot be changed so sometimes we just have to come to terms with this fact and move forward.

You may not want to hear this or believe me, but as my dear mom used to say time is a great healer, especially when we cannot change a situation