I called for a followup

Waiting_May2002

Registered Users (C)
I have sent two fax inquiries (level I and level II) till now and called up CIS on August 19. No response for all of them. I tried e-mail, the e-mail address (CSC.XII.485@usdoj.gov) does not exist. Don't bother e-mailing.

I called up CIS again yesterday (9/14) to followup. They seem to have records indicating that I called last month. I was surprised. The lady on the phone said you should wait until 19th to call for a followup.

Did anyone else have the same experience?

I contacted the National number just once. But I also called the emergency California Center number twice. The saw that I cotacted before but did not cut me off...

Waiting_May2002 said:
I have sent two fax inquiries (level I and level II) till now and called up CIS on August 19. No response for all of them. I tried e-mail, the e-mail address (CSC.XII.485@usdoj.gov) does not exist. Don't bother e-mailing.

I called up CIS again yesterday (9/14) to followup. They seem to have records indicating that I called last month. I was surprised. The lady on the phone said you should wait until 19th to call for a followup.

Did anyone else have the same experience?

1 month deadline

I called them on July 7 and they called me back on August 6. (completely useless response, but it is different story, which i already described).
On August 18, I sent a fax and asked my lawyer to do the same. I think they have some sort of deadline that they have to response within 30 days. Of course they not always meet the deadline or don't respond at all, but it looks that if you ask them before 30 days, they usually tell you to wait. So I am going to send another fax on September 17 which is 30th day after my previous fax. All I am asking them is to issue 2nd fingerprint notice.

What is the CIS Emergency phone number? I only have the National 800 number. Can anybody call the CIS emergency number? Please let me know.

wac02099
RFE Recvd - May 11
RFE Repld - Aug 2nd
Still waiting

I called many times

I've been calling them since last 3-4 months or so. I sent level 1 & level 2 inquiry.With every call to 1-800 number they asked me to wait for 30 days. When I called them 4th time, they farwarded me to an immigration officer (??) he check my status & asked told me that case is with officer in CIS office and they have responded to your (my) FAX inquiry and whatever they have written is the status.
I sent level 1 and level 2 FAX and I got response for both of them. Response for 2nd level inquiry was .. it may take longer than normal for your case as it is pending for detailed review... Please wait for 90 days before sending another inquiry.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't know what should be the next step. Does anyone have any idea?

Koolkat
WAC-02-119-#####
2nd FP - 6/5/4

From the CSC Fax inquiry form:

(949)389-3007 CSC Emergency Line
(949)389-3252 CSC Emergency Line

I dont know what they consider an emergency. Perhaps someone else with some experience can answer that?

goTitans said:
What is the CIS Emergency phone number? I only have the National 800 number. Can anybody call the CIS emergency number? Please let me know.

wac02099
RFE Recvd - May 11
RFE Repld - Aug 2nd
Still waiting

it looks like bcis have suddenly slowed down in september.

wac-02-142
2nd FP June 26
BCIS recieved RFE I693 supplement 17 Aug
waiting ...

koolkat said:
I've been calling them since last 3-4 months or so. I sent level 1 & level 2 inquiry.With every call to 1-800 number they asked me to wait for 30 days. When I called them 4th time, they farwarded me to an immigration officer (??) he check my status & asked told me that case is with officer in CIS office and they have responded to your (my) FAX inquiry and whatever they have written is the status.
I sent level 1 and level 2 FAX and I got response for both of them. Response for 2nd level inquiry was .. it may take longer than normal for your case as it is pending for detailed review... Please wait for 90 days before sending another inquiry.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't know what should be the next step. Does anyone have any idea?

Koolkat
WAC-02-119-#####
2nd FP - 6/5/4

I do not want to dissapoint you but "detailed review" probbaly means that your FBI name check is pending- at least that was the phrase that USCIS used in my case when my name check was pending. The fact that they advise you not to bothezr them for 90 days is another inication. Search info on FBI name check on this forum (look for example for Rahul Kumar's postings).

Good luck.

Thanks fine&jadwin

What is your current status ? How much time does name check takes normally.. I will go thru Rahul's post & will try to do needful.

Thanks Again
Koolkat
WAC-02-119-#####

koolkat said:
What is your current status ? How much time does name check takes normally.. I will go thru Rahul's post & will try to do needful.

Thanks Again
Koolkat
WAC-02-119-#####

You know, a little search on the forum almost always answers your question :) (please don't take this as an offence- I am guilty quite often of the same);
I got approved this week. You can read my approval thread and other postings for more info if you like.

Good luck

Thanks fine&jadwin !!

Thanks for sharing information. I guess I need to read thru few such posts & decide on action. I could have never started this without these suggestions from people like you and others.

Thanks Again
Koolkat
WAC-02-119-#####