I as a petitioner misspelled a name on I-130, please help!!!

Natulya4

Hello, I’m a new member and was referred to this site by my friend. I’m in an urgent help need and would like Please to receive your advice soon...I applied for my brothers F4 visa and now 13 years later is approved and I have to fill out the Affidavit and ds 260 (?) form for him this week. As I started to fill the info in, I noticed that his name on the passport is Andrey and I put Andrej on his I 130. What should I do??? You’d think that the name on the birth cert. matters the most but his name there is in Russian language.. could you please please please help to steer me to the right direction?

First, he should be filling in the Ds260, not you.
If the passport is in Cyrillic as original and Andrey/Andrej is just the Latin alphabet transliteration, or even if it is all English in the passport from the Cyrillic birth certificate, it should not be a problem, this is common when using different alphabets. Just list both spellings under the “other names used” in the DS260.

First, he should be filling in the Ds260, not you.
If the passport is in Cyrillic as original and Andrey/Andrej is just the Latin alphabet transliteration, or even if it is all English in the passport from the Cyrillic birth certificate, it should not be a problem, this is common when using different alphabets. Just list both spellings under the “other names used” in the DS260.
-yes thank you! He is filling out the DS form I’m just helping him with translation of the form. His passport is in Latin. Thanks for your help. When I fill in the Affidavit, should I use the name as is now (was on i130) and then list both names under “other names “ or vice versa, use the passport name on Affidavit and then show both names under “others”?

Look for instructions about name - I think generally they tell you to use the name as it is in the passport (which makes sense as the passport and visa names need to match up). I’m assuming that your brother is still in Russia, and the embassy there is no doubt used to these cases.