i am pregnant, need help

faten

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,
i am pregnant and not married. i have no citizen or green card.
what gana be my baby's status? can he get the usa passport?

your baby will be US Citizen by birth. You can apply for his passport using his birth certificate.
Your status will not change regardless of your son's status as citizen.

Wow faten, You have alot of surprises around this site.first of all congratulation. Your child will be USC if he or she born in US even if you are illegal which you are not anyway.I understand your concern and worries better now. Try to be strong and hopefully everything will be all right.

Wow faten, You have alot of surprises around this site.first of all congratulation. Your child will be USC if he or she born in US even if you are illegal which you are not anyway.I understand your concern and worries better now. Try to be strong and hopefully everything will be all right.

thank you mh66ii,
my dream is to show the baby to his father. i wish i can build an happy family with the person whom i love. ii think it is NOT a big one !!!

one more thing,

in the birth application , there are alot of question about the father. what should i do?

Bear in mind that both parents will have to make a personal appearance for newborn child's passport application.

Bear in mind that both parents will have to make a personal appearance for newborn child's passport application.
That's not true. What about the countless children born to a mother who doesn't even know who the father is?

I know that they keep father information section blank on birth certificate in cases like this even if mother claims to know the father. Father must be present and claim it and sign paper work claiming that he is father of the child because of the responsibility comes with fatehrhood by law and even beeing married does not change this process and still guys can deny that they have doubt about the child.
In your case I am sure that father's information will remain blank and father can add it at anytime in the future.If father is present and deny beeing father then DNA will be order through justice system.
Now if the father's information is not in birth certificate, common sense is you will be the only one who need to apply for the passport.I recommend you to ask Vital Statistic on your state or even hospital should know that how you can add father's name because it might become big headache in the future and also have child's father contact US embassy or consulate in his country and get some guience that how he can claim that he is the father.As far as pasport is conserned you can prove that father is not in US or have father sign recuired papers and send it to US for purpose of applying for child's passport if he could succesfully claim the child and have his name on birth certificate.Iif not you should be fine applying for passport without any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from Dept of State website:
Provide Parental Consent

Both parents must provide consent authorizing passport issuance for a minor under age 16. See the scenarios below, and follow the instruction that best applies to your circumstance:

Both Parents MUST:

* Appear in person with the minor
* Sign Form DS-11 in front of an Acceptance Agent

One Parent MUST:

* Submit the second parents’ notarized Statement of Consent (Form DS-3053)

One Parent (with sole legal custody) MUST:

* Submit primary evidence of sole authority to apply for the child with one of the following:
o Minor’s certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate listing only the applying parent
o Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) listing only the applying parent
o Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child's travel is restricted by that order)
o Adoption decree (if applying parents is sole adopting parent)
o Court order specifically permitting applying parent's or guardian's travel with the child
o Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent
o Death certificate of non-applying parent

NOTE: If none of the above documentation is available, the applying parent must submit Form DS-3053 stating why the non-applying parent/guardian's consent cannot be obtained

A Third Party
(in Loco Parentis applying on behalf of a minor under the age of 16)
MUST:

* Submit a notarized written statement or affidavit from both parents or guardians authorizing a third-party to apply for a passport
* When the statement of affidavit is from only one parent/guardian, the third-party must present evidence of sole custody of the authorizing parent/guardian.

a girlfriend of mine could not fill her son passport until she got a power of attorny from her husband who is not present in USA.
He had gone to the embassy and get the paper from them.

but i don't know what did the embassy asked him to do?

i am expecting the baby after 8 weeks....

in your opinion,

Which thing is better:

i keep the father's information blank until we get married

and then add him to the baby's passport , if this would be easy?

or

try my best to add his information now anyway?

i am expecting the baby after 8 weeks....

in your opinion,

Which thing is better:

i keep the father's information blank until we get married

and then add him to the baby's passport , if this would be easy?

or

try my best to add his information now anyway?
if you can't get the power of attorney from the baby's father, it best to keep his info out of birth certificate so that you alone can apply for the baby's usa passport. You can add the father info to birth certificate later but there is nothing like adding father's info to passport.