I am feeling really sick of the US immigrations system

belacut

Registered Users (C)
This morning, my Mom, a 65 years old, retired woman who owns an average apartment in HK and have some savings in her bank account, two daughters and some grandkids in HK (regular fly to Canada and US like once a year and travel to Europe, SouthEast Asia in the last 5 years) and the HK/US Consulate just denies her B1/B2 Visa renewal.

I can tell you for sure, even President Bush offers my mom an US passport like this second, she will not take it becaz she didn't understand English and she can drive either. She just want to well spent her time to travel and enjoying her golden years in both US (while we are still in US) and HK where she lives and belongs. Of course, my mom gets really upset. It is not fair to put such pressure to a 65 years old woman who just want to come to see her son (which is me) and spending a few thous during her visit 2-3 months visit in the US.

That's why there is 17% of decrease in US entry in 2006 compare with 2005. If US continues to do things like that, sooner or later, no one likes to come to US.

Well, my wife and I are seriously considering to move up to Canada. (Yes, we may not have the good prospect like we have in US) But who wants to feel in-secure whenever you need to re-apply a VISA or get back in to the US soil after you travel. (I never had that feeling elsewhere to go around the world. (I was an airlines employee and go to a lot of different places in my life) Plus, we paid tax, Social Security $$ and spending money to buy a house, car and all those "good things" in here. (To my own pleasure and as well as helping the US economy).

I get really tired on those Retro issues and afaird of not granting entry after we travel. (those were totally un-necessary pressure and it may cause cancer to our own health) I am sure a lot of us feeling the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The less is said about this administration's policies the better.

But these things come and go in cycles. We're just stuck at the bottom of a bad one.

I've visited 26 countries, including Canada. US is the only (besides my nation of birth, India) where I can feel at home... This is the only real melting pot in the world.

This morning, my Mom, a 65 years old, retired woman who owns an average apartment in HK and have some savings in her bank account, two daughters and some grandkids in HK (regular fly to Canada and US like once a year and travel to Europe, SouthEast Asia in the last 5 years) and the HK/US Consulate just denies her B1/B2 Visa renewal.

I can tell you for sure, even President Bush offers my mom an US passport like this second, she will not take it becaz she didn't understand English and she can drive either. She just want to well spent her time to travel and enjoying her golden years in both US (while we are still in US) and HK where she lives and belongs. Of course, my mom gets really upset. It is not fair to put such pressure to a 65 years old woman who just want to come to see her son (which is me) and spending a few thous during her visit 2-3 months visit in the US.

That's why there is 17% of decrease in US entry in 2006 compare with 2005. If US continues to do things like that, sooner or later, no one likes to come to US.

Well, my wife and I are seriously considering to move up to Canada. (Yes, we may not have the good prospect like we have in US) But who wants to feel in-secure whenever you need to re-apply a VISA or get back in to the US soil after you travel. (I never had that feeling elsewhere to go around the world. (I was an airlines employee and go to a lot of different places in my life) Plus, we paid tax, Social Security $$ and spending money to buy a house, car and all those "good things" in here. (To my own pleasure and as well as helping the US economy).

I get really tired on those Retro issues and afaird of not granting entry after we travel. (those were totally un-necessary pressure and it may cause cancer to our own health) I am sure a lot of us feeling the same thing.

Well, congrats if you feel it that way.
I never felt US as home. I have chance to spend years in Canada for my BA and and as well as in Austrialia for my MBA. Working in a singapore and Taiwan for almost a year. Well, when I am going or leaving those countries, I have a full confidence that I will be able to come back without a 2nd thought. But in US, even we establish a "home" here in Columbus-OH, like we have a house, a dog and a cat but whenever we travel and return back to the states, I felt so nervous that they will just refuse entry. (It happened to my friends and myself).

Well, I agreed with your view, good cycle/bad cycle, but I am in my prime time and when the bad cycle is over, I maybe too old for anything by then.

Yes, I understand that it is my choice to choose to stay here. And it is also my choice to choose not to. (It is just like a classic love story, when you first meet a girl, you get excited and easy to accept all her good or bad things. But once the honey moon is over, well it is a good time to reconsider your options.)

The less is said about this administration's policies the better.

But these things come and go in cycles. We're just stuck at the bottom of a bad one.

I've visited 26 countries, including Canada. US is the only (besides my nation of birth, India) where I can feel at home... This is the only real melting pot in the world.
Have you spent some time in Australia..

I think australia is very close to USA as being a melting pot...

but Australia does not have a similar powerhouse economy which is the reason i am preferring usa right now...

------------
Belacut.......personally i feel that the message is loud and clear....from USA...they dont care.

USA is the number one destination.........and they dont care for tourist neither for students.......and of course least care for immigrants...

but thousands are still pouring in because of the real good things present over here.......hence the blame lies on us that we are still not willing to accept that we are not welcome....and we keep complaining..

So she has been to the US before, without overstaying her visa, and they still denied her? Did they give a reason? Maybe they think 65-year-old retired women from Hong Kong are terrorists. :eek:

The US complains about immigrants not assimilating, but then they do their best to make you feel like you don't belong here.

------------
Belacut.......personally i feel that the message is loud and clear....from USA...they dont care.

USA is the number one destination.........and they dont care for tourist neither for students.......and of course least care for immigrants...

but thousands are still pouring in because of the real good things present over here.......hence the blame lies on us that we are still not willing to accept that we are not welcome....and we keep complaining..[/QUOTE]

You crack me up. Yes, indeed. We are not welcome (At least, I am feeling this way too) :D

belacut,
I am also in the same situation as you. I haven't seen my parents and my brothers since I came to US in 1999.
My family want to come and visit but they need to make a 6-months in advance appointment with the US embassy. They did that and US embassy reject their visiting visa because I'm in the greencard process. The reason is because they don't want my parents use their trip to apply for GC.

Have you spent some time in Australia..

I think australia is very close to USA as being a melting pot...

but Australia does not have a similar powerhouse economy which is the reason i am preferring usa right now...

I was there for two weeks on honeymoon. I could feel the undercurrent of racism in plenty of places. I'm not at all sure I could socialize there just like one of them.

Just my impression.

gc - useless by the time u get

As us economy is in doldrums, who cares . Now better worry about back home. hey guys start making prep for return journey.

Bush is great ....he spent time with immigration policies

next - any one-- they spend

all are americans and great. no body work for you , immigrants.

Every body want money. either bribe/so called lobbying ( good word for corruption) .

GO back home of ur country and live like kings than devils(sorry aliens or terrorists) in this country
bye

I was there for two weeks on honeymoon. I could feel the undercurrent of racism in plenty of places. I'm not at all sure I could socialize there just like one of them.

Just my impression.
i was working there in one of the top four banks.....people there were very nice...

dont know how you got the impression about them being more racist??

belacut,
I am also in the same situation as you. I haven't seen my parents and my brothers since I came to US in 1999.
My family want to come and visit but they need to make a 6-months in advance appointment with the US embassy. They did that and US embassy reject their visiting visa because I'm in the greencard process. The reason is because they don't want my parents use their trip to apply for GC.

This is false. My brother just went for a visa appointment and it only took a week or two week in advance to get an appointment. It might be like that in the past but not in more recent days.

I doubt that the reason the embassy rejected your parent's visa request was due to your green card process. The embessy people should know better that family member can't just apply for a green card. However, I am not saying that the denial has to have any merit, because it sometimes or often doesn't.

So she has been to the US before, without overstaying her visa, and they still denied her? Did they give a reason? Maybe they think 65-year-old retired women from Hong Kong are terrorists. :eek:

The US complains about immigrants not assimilating, but then they do their best to make you feel like you don't belong here.

My mom is in US and Canada almost every 10-12 months since we are in US back in 2002. she just returned home from her last trip Jun-Sept 06. She never overstays even we want her to stay at the max allow period, she alway wants to be home after a couple of months in here.

We will give her another try next week and see how it goes and if she still didn't get the VISA, we may just FOLDED the deal. (Looks like she doesn't want the pressure nor I don't want to put her thru it again...)

I never want to stay in US. (For whatever I am enjoying here in US, I am pretty much getting the same in HK except the "house" we had in Columbus.) But my wife really enjoy to be here. But since we get the first refuse entry last summer, she is kinda change her view about US.
After the last refuse entry and cancel out our VISA (we made an urgent trip to Montreal to get our VISA back), whenever we come in US, they can see the last incident (just like a ghost keep haunting us) and need at least 3-4 hours staying at the immigrantion office for a further investigation and seeing the upper rank officer before they can let us go.

We are no bad people, we earn a living in here just like everyone else.

Dealing with USCIS is the price we all have to pay, to be part of this great country. Personally, the only worry i have ever had here was when dealing with them. No worries about "casteism" (pretty common back home in India), dealing with corrupt buerocrats etc etc. Work hard , be ambitious and you will succeed, no doubt about it.
My parents were denied visitors visa last year. They applied again the next day and got a 10 year multiple entry. Hope your mom will get one too.

she should apply again and maybe she will be lucky. it depends on the officer too. my friend said this and I agree with it. Democrats care about illegal and hispanic voters and hardcore republicans dont want any immigration at all. ..so people dont be too optimistic on any bills being passed for visa numbers.

who does not?

Hi,

My situation is quite the same, except my mother has a B visa, visited us 1/2 year ago. I feel sick yes, but I was literally sick of this BS half a year ago, had to be medicated. Well, I might just go back to Europe. The only thing I cannot understand why there would be no SS refund.

racism

Dealing with USCIS is the price we all have to pay, to be part of this great country. Personally, the only worry i have ever had here was when dealing with them. No worries about "casteism" (pretty common back home in India), dealing with corrupt buerocrats etc etc. Work hard , be ambitious and you will succeed, no doubt about it.
My parents were denied visitors visa last year. They applied again the next day and got a 10 year multiple entry. Hope your mom will get one too.

tell me , R u indian/row?

If you are from Europe, for you it is same. Every thing is white.

bye

********Originally Posted by docboston
tell me , R u indian/row?

If you are from Europe, for you it is same. Every thing is white.

bye

if you read carefully, he did say he is indian..

Beggars cannot be choosers. If we are so fed up...let's up and leave. Why don't we?

And techy, if you think Australia is less racist than US, you are gravely mistaken.

Beggars cannot be choosers. If we are so fed up...let's up and leave. Why don't we?

And techy, if you think Australia is less racist than US, you are gravely mistaken.

I just like to hanging around, do nothing (not IV or any kind) but keep complainting about it, how's that sound?

You get that right, man. It is all about choices. And I choose to do it this way.... :p

One thing I am sure, if you are leaving home for a better job or better education or tomorrow, we are those "very lucky" and "very unlucky" one at the same time.

i did not say australia is less racist than usa..........

i said....i did not find any loud/blatant racism being displayed........atleast with me or my friend.........either in usa nor in australia...

of course....we are people with a strange skin/hair color.......who have a strange accent......u do have to give some benefit to those who have never dealt with our likes........its called as dealing with strangers.....its not racism...