I Am Done!!!

Dani

Registered Users (C)
Well... I can't really believe it, but I am done! No more USCIS for me (until I'll decide to apply for my relatives:) ).
In short, yesterday I finally got naturalized at the Masonic Auditorium in San Francisco. Overall, it took me exactly 9 months, which is not that bad, I suppose. The oath itself was nice, except for the crying babies:)
And so, concluding and summarizing, I want to thank everybody on this forum for support and advice provided. You guys are simply the best! Keep doind what you doing.
I also wish best of luck to those of you who are wating for this process to come to its logical end. Don't loose hope and don't give up!
I will definetely stick around :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I can't really believe it, but I am done! No more USCIS for me (until I'll decide to apply for my relatives:) ).
In short, yesterday I finally got naturalized at the Masonic Auditorium in San Francisco. Overall, it took me exactly 9 months, which is not that bad, I suppose. The oath itself was nice, except for the crying babies:)
And so, concluding and summarizing, I want to thank everybody on this forum for support and advice provided. You guys are simply the best! Keep doind what you doing.
I also wish best of luck to those of you who are wating for this process to come to its logical end. Don't loose hope and don't give up!
I will definetely stick around :)

That's great, have fun being an american

Congratulations :)

PS: I am sure I am going to have a chance to congratulate many more people before my time, as San Jose is being so slooooow nowadays ;)

Congrats! A lot of us Philadelphia folks will be naturalized in a couple of weeks. It is very exciting to think about. Again, congrats new citizen!

Dani congrats, what is the oath process? Do they ask and check the passport etc. to see if the person travelled outside US between interview and oath? I had my interview on 15th and planning to travel and requested for the oath in june.

You fill out a form on the back of your oath letter that has many of the N-400 yes/no questions. I haven't heard of anyone who answered "no" to the travel question and who was challenged about it (but, of course, you need to be truthful).

BTW: the "citations" question says explicitly "including traffic violations"

You fill out a form on the back of your oath letter that has many of the N-400 yes/no questions. I haven't heard of anyone who answered "no" to the travel question and who was challenged about it (but, of course, you need to be truthful).

BTW: the "citations" question says explicitly "including traffic violations"

Is traveling outside the US not permitted after the interview and before the ceremony? I just don't understand why it would be, but the travel question appears on the back of the oath letter along with other questions that, if answered "yes", would definitely put one in trouble.

I don't think there is any problem in traveling between interview and the oath ceremony. I have heard of a lot of people who have done it. Just that you have to fill the details of travel in the oath form correctly.

Even after the interview you do retain your passport and GC till the oath ceremony so obviously you are allowed to travel.

Absolutely no problem traveling between interview & oath, just so long as you continue to observe the requirements for continuous & physical presence.

Ok, when you enter the auditorium IO takes your GC and an oath letter with the questions answered on the back. One of the questions is about travel.
A few folks sitting next to me were asked to step outside to talk to the IO. I got an ipmression those were the applicants who answered "yes" to the travel question. Basically, they might ask you for a proof of travel, or just ask for how long you were abscent. It's not a big deal if you traveled while waiting for oath.

Had I traveled between interview and oath (I almost had to), I would have brought everything I had brought to the interview as well as proof of my recent travels to the oath ceremony.

I would assume that if you check "yes" to the travel question, someone will likely check that you didn't vioate the continuous residence and physical presense rules.

Had I traveled between interview and oath (I almost had to), I would have brought everything I had brought to the interview as well as proof of my recent travels to the oath ceremony.

I would assume that if you check "yes" to the travel question, someone will likely check that you didn't vioate the continuous residence and physical presense rules.
Yep, Flydog is right.

Questions about N-445

As always, it all depends on which individual you are dealing with at USCIS on any given day; I have heard of folks being pulled out from oath ceremonies due to lack of English proficiency on already adjudicated cases, and others aren't even queried even if they mark yes to the N-445 questions. However, my strategy has consitently been to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst! Carry any proof of travel dates or court dispositions if applicable, just in case.