I am confussed help!!!

valera77

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

Please help with the following questions:

1-

I applied for asylum while on tourist visa , did my interview, Biometrics, received Notice of intent to Deny, replied and received Final Deny

My I-94 expired on January 07
final denial was received March 07, the letter did not tell me to leave the country or that I had X days to replied the decision to go to court, nothing, just that my case was closed.

The stranger thing is that I applied for EAD and received it 2 weeks after!!!!!

Was this a mistake? should I receive my letter to court? will I be able to renew EADin 10 months?

Can I get Labor certification in my case?? (The company I am working for will do it but in one year)

2 -

My wife also applied for asylum and got recommended approved dec 06, she is on Name check and have not received anything yet. she went one night to jail long time ago for battery and resisting arrest without violence because she was defending a friend from DUI

How long is Name check response for persons with a "HIT"? could this little incident ruin her asylum? As soon as she gets final approval she wants to do my petition

Thank you very much for your help

Seek Lawyer Help

Valera,

You need a good lawyer for your case.
Once you got final intent to deny, case typically will go to immigration court for hearing.
court over your residence willl schedule initial hearing and will communicate to you the date.
check with USCIS and also immigration court over your state of residence-your case is probably there.

congrats with your wife's recommended approval-name check might take from 3 months to 2 years. In my case it took 10 months before I got final approval.
again you want to check with lawyer to see when she gets final approval, whether you can automatically qualify for it as well as being on her application or be eligible for I-730 benefit.

Good luck.

"defending a friend from DUI?" How could you defend someone from DUI? This makes little sense.

At any rate, I believe the asylum officer mistakenly assumed that you were still in status and accordingly did not refer you to court. Someone who is still in status cannot be referred to court. You can call the Immigration Court's 800 number to see if your file number is in their system.

A criminal issue can be very problematic. I suggest that you consult an attorney.

If your wife's asylum case is ultimately granted then you should be covered as well (just file the I-730).