I am confused regarding job change.

lixiaohui

Registered Users (C)
I am totally confused. I changed my job and left my sponsoring employer just after three month I got my GC. I checked two lawyers and they said that there would be no problems to do so. However, I found that many people believed that I should have stayed with my sponsoring employer for at least three months. I could not find such a regulation in USCIS.

No worries

Unless you badly burnt bridges with your sponsoring employer, you are good. There is no crystal clear definition of permanent emloyment anyways.

lixiaohui said:
I am totally confused. I changed my job and left my sponsoring employer just after three month I got my GC. I checked two lawyers and they said that there would be no problems to do so. However, I found that many people believed that I should have stayed with my sponsoring employer for at least three months. I could not find such a regulation in USCIS.
Its always better to stay with the employer for atleast 6 to 9 months after getting GC.

Its not a big deal -- it might make your citizenship interview a bit more, shall we say, interesting :)

But yeah, shouldn't be a big deal for your GC - enjoy what you have now -- worry about it later
( esp since you've already quit and nothing much can happen now ! )