I am confused regarding job change.

lixiaohui

Registered Users (C)
I am totally confused. I changed my job and left my sponsoring employer just after three month I got my GC. I checked two lawyers and they said that there would be no problems to do so. However, I found that many people believed that I should have stayed with my sponsoring employer for at least three months. I could not find such a regulation in USCIS.

slinky

Registered Users (C)
No worries

Unless you badly burnt bridges with your sponsoring employer, you are good. There is no crystal clear definition of permanent emloyment anyways.

max2k1

Registered Users (C)
lixiaohui said:
I am totally confused. I changed my job and left my sponsoring employer just after three month I got my GC. I checked two lawyers and they said that there would be no problems to do so. However, I found that many people believed that I should have stayed with my sponsoring employer for at least three months. I could not find such a regulation in USCIS.
Its always better to stay with the employer for atleast 6 to 9 months after getting GC.

Its not a big deal -- it might make your citizenship interview a bit more, shall we say, interesting :)

But yeah, shouldn't be a big deal for your GC - enjoy what you have now -- worry about it later
( esp since you've already quit and nothing much can happen now ! )