I-94 problems

todal333

Registered Users (C)
My friend & his family came back from India & showed H1B stamping in passport which was valid upto Sep 30, 2001. So they gave him I-94 upto Sep 30, 2001. He had new transferred H1B valid upto sometime in 2004 (long before he went to India), & I-94 that came with it. But he forgot to show it at POE. Now in his passport he has I-94 which is valid upto Sep 30, 2001 and he is having new I-94 which came with his H1B transfer (I think last year), which is valid upto 2004. But numbers are different on them. Could it be a problem?

No Title

Your friend should take the passports and the new approval notice back to the port of entry and speak to immigration and explain the mistake. This was an error on their part and they should correct it (I\'ve advised people to do this before and it worked without any trouble). If the officers at the POE refuse to correct the error, you\'ll need to go to the INS District Office with jurisdiction over that POE and they have always corrected the error. I can supply you with a Memo from INS Assistant Commissioner Michael Aytes which directs port officials to issue I-94s for the entire validity period of the underlying petition if you give me your email address.

Jim

No Title

Thanks Jim. I have sent my friend\'s & my email address to you in private message box. Please check it.

I\'d need a copy of the memo too

Jim,

Even I\'d need a copy of the memo reg. I-94.
I\'ve sent my email to you to your private
address.

Thanks Jim.

--Shiv

I sent the memo to both of your private emails on this site.

If you didn\'t get them, just let me know and I\'ll send then to the email addresses that you provided. I didn\'t even think of sending it that way but it worked well, I think.

Jim

I need a copy of the memo too.

Hi Jim,

I am in the same situation. I\'d need a copy of the memo reg. I-94. Can you send the memo to my email rtalasil@yahoo.com.

Thanks Jim.

Re: No Title

Originally posted by Jim M
 Your friend should take the passports and the new approval notice back to the port of entry and speak to immigration and explain the mistake. This was an error on their part and they should correct it (I\'ve advised people to do this before and it worked without any trouble). If the officers at the POE refuse to correct the error, you\'ll need to go to the INS District Office with jurisdiction over that POE and they have always corrected the error. I can supply you with a Memo from INS Assistant Commissioner Michael Aytes which directs port officials to issue I-94s for the entire validity period of the underlying petition if you give me your email address.

Jim
Hello Jim,
I saw your posting today.I would appreciate if you could email this memo to my address
cpray_chennai@yahoo.com

Thank you!