I-864 or I-864W,please help!

sforb

Hello!
My brother had already earned more than 40 “qualifying quarters” of employment in the US, but he hasn't worked in USA for 2 years, can he be self-petitioner for him and his wife, son, file I-864W?
Anyone has experience for this? Please answer me, thanks!

I believe that each of them would need to be credited with 40 quarters of Social Security credits, or will need to be sponsored on an I-864. Note that one is credited with the credits of one's spouse from during the period of marriage, and a child is credited with the parents' credits while under 18, so there is a good chance that all 3 of them can be separately credited with 40 quarters.

What category are the immigrating in? I am confused by your mention of "self-petitioner".

3x40=120 quarters works for them? My brother met his wife when they studied in the US university, they got married before he started work, and their son is under 18.
This is sibling immigration, do I need file I-864 for them?

3x40=120 quarters works for them? My brother met his wife when they studied in the US university, they got married before he started work, and their son is under 18.
This is sibling immigration, do I need file I-864 for them?
I am not sure but I think that they can count the same 40 quarters on each of their I-864Ws.

Thank you for your reply!
My brother is worried he has not worked in USA for 2 years, so he asked me to file I-864. Is 40 quarters of work enough or also requires he is working in USA?

Thank you for your reply!
My brother is worried he has not worked in USA for 2 years, so he asked me to file I-864. Is 40 quarters of work enough or also requires he is working in USA?
No, he does not need to be working. It's 40 quarters accrued over his lifetime.

I am not sure if not working might be an issue under the new public charge inadmissibility rules.

He didn't work last year, but still earned US$ 29,000 income last year from his housing rent.

Hi. My daughter filed for me and living with me here in India. I-130 approved and filed NVC with I-864W . Uploaded I-864W and SS statement and Benefits verification letter from SSA and a cover letter explaining why we went for the AOS waiver. Got RFE saying "NOREEN does not appear to qualify for I-864W " - NOREEN is the sponsor here. clearly I the intending immigrant worked in US for 10 years and my SS statement is showing 10 years of tax filing (4x10 credits 40 credits total) for a total of $72,000 of SS contributions and it also says I am eligible for Retirement benefits, Survivor benefits for my family but not for disability benefits since for this 20 credits need to be earned in the last 10 years and my last tax filing was 2006. The irony is NVC "Accepted" all the supporting documents - SS statement, SS benefits verification letter, Cover letter but rejected the I-864W. I filled as the Intending Immigrant in the form. WONDERING WHAT COULD BE THE REASON FOR THIS RFE AND HOW TO REPLY TO THE RFE SINCE I DID ALL THAT IS REQUIRED ALREADY . Any pointers or help would be appreciated on how to go about this. Thanks.