I-864 Help - can't remember some issues

cherr1980

Registered Users (C)
Well, I am a LPR but I am not at home and until now I realize that the form already changed, so it's different of the one that my husband and I did more than a year ago...and the wife of my husband's co worker is asking something that I really don't remember about it.

Checking the form at uscis.gov, in the part of "Your Household Size" Part 5, Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit (repeat line 10) so in this case is 1, because is only the wife. Then continue with persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit...1. yourself (so by default it's 1), then goes 2. if you are currently married enter "1" for your spouse...and there is a clear note at the beginning that states "DO NOT COUNT ANYONE TWICE". So that means since she is the wife and the intending immigrant she should be counted as 1 and only once in the first question that says "Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit", right? She should not be included in the part of "currently married, enter 1 for your spouse", right?

That is my confusion, it is so great that is fillable...things are getting better.
Thanks!

Cherr-

cherr1980 said:
Well, I am a LPR but I am not at home and until now I realize that the form already changed, so it's different of the one that my husband and I did more than a year ago...and the wife of my husband's co worker is asking something that I really don't remember about it.

Checking the form at uscis.gov, in the part of "Your Household Size" Part 5, Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit (repeat line 10) so in this case is 1, because is only the wife. Then continue with persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit...1. yourself (so by default it's 1), then goes 2. if you are currently married enter "1" for your spouse...and there is a clear note at the beginning that states "DO NOT COUNT ANYONE TWICE". So that means since she is the wife and the intending immigrant she should be counted as 1 and only once in the first question that says "Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit", right? She should not be included in the part of "currently married, enter 1 for your spouse", right?

That is my confusion, it is so great that is fillable...things are getting better.
Thanks!

Cherr-

Your wife is 1 person. She only gets counted once even if she falls into 2 categories.

So the total is You + wife = household of 2.

Thanks! She will be included ONLY in a. Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit. and then in b. Yourself (the sponsor) 1...total 2.

Okay, I can answer the person and I really was like "what are you talking about?"...I am working but they need to file asap...it is suppose they were going to use a lawyer...I don't know what happen with that...with told them that is read and read and they can do it themselves.

Anyway...thanks again.

cherr1980 said:
it is suppose they were going to use a lawyer...I don't know what happen with that...with told them that is read and read and they can do it themselves.

Anyway...thanks again.

Agree there. Unless you have some specific issue like you have a criminal record, you were once deported, etc there's really no need to spend money on a lawyer. The forms are fairly straight forward, you have a ton of info online and you also have the option of visiting the USCIS office. I spent about 15 mins with a USCIS officer, clarifying all the issues I had....cheaper than paying a lawyer $250 an hour :)