I-824 Spouse Addition

yameen79

Registered Users (C)
Dear Readers, I am a little confused and would appreciate a little help from you.

140 Approved and 485 Pending since 2 years. NO non immigrant visas ..Status is pending . I got married after I filed for 140/485 concurrent Dec 03. Therefore my wifes name is not included in the application. She is not in the US. (no non immigrant visas either) EB3 is my category ..

my question is that If i would like to switch to 485 to CP ,should I file 824 ? I do not want to live all alone without my wife outside the US as I am not working in the US either due to my pending GC. Do I have to add wifes name to 824 or wait till i recieve packet 4 and then add her name to packet 4?

Also due to eb3 restrogression would they accept my 824 and cable the file to consulate ? or Do i have to file 824 when pd is current. my PD is April 03.

I donot see anywhere on the 824 form where they ask for spouse name. Which way would be faster for me? OR can I bring my wife to US based on my pending 485 ?

any suggestion welcome..thanks

Hi yameen79,

I recently gone thru some forums , you can search in google for 'Follow To Join after I-485 Approved,

if spouse is out side US, and your 485 Pending , and your H1 visa/work visa expires.

you can file for I-824 once your I-485 is approved, processing time may vary by service centers. the Service center will notify the Consular office abroad, your wife need to attend interview for consular processing, there they will issue the visa to travel to US as well as approve her Green Card also.

The only condition is marriage shoud take place before approval of I-485.

you can try consult a lawyer for further advise.