I-824 Follow To Join Tracker of Nebraska Service Center

prq20

Registered Users (C)
Please share your I-824 timelines if your follow to join FTJ case was filed at Nebraska Service Center.

My I-824 receipt date is Jan 17, 2008. Still pending.

still pending

i824 filed on 5th Sep 2007 ,still pending. Send documents to consulate Direct on 6/1/08 lets see what happens

Yameen79, Noticed that you have sent documents to Islamabad embassy in Pakistan. As I am also from Pakistan, please provide me an update, if embassy accepts your documents. Please PM me and I can provide you with my email/contact details.

Hi i have filed 824 father my father, my mother is here as a green card holder

my lawyer told me that we cannot send any papers to the consulate until824 is approved

once 824 is approved then will send us packet 3 which the beneficiary will send it to their consulate and once they process it they will send packet 4 which is nothing but interview to the beneficiary

please let me know if you have more recent information on this
and what papers have you send to the consulate

our 824 is pending with california service center with priority date of Jan 18 2008

Hi all, can you post your latest experience on i824? how long it took for approval and then how long for interview and subsequent visa etc. Thanks

FTJ filed oct 2007

Hi I also filed my FTJ case at NSC OCT 2007. i am from pakistan, i did sent my docs directly to US consulate in ISB, but didnt get any proper reply.
but i talked to 1 guy who files the FTJ case, sent DOCS to ISB and ISB consulate initiate his FTJ case.
i can be reached bsheikh@gmail.com

regards,
bilal

Hi Deba Sinh, Ilusionns, or Yameen79, and others, please update the tracker with the status of your case here for others benefit..

NO updates

I physically sent papers to ISb consulate but after 2 months they sent me a reply on my wifes address in pakistan that we have to wait for 824 to be approved then the case will go to nvc and then the nvc will send papers to isb conusulate

I-824 is used to (request a duplicate approval notice, to request approval notice to another U.S. Consulate, and to request notice to a U.S. Consulate for derivative visas to family members.) for which USCIS charge a whopping 300+ $$s. Then, they put these applications in their ***** and sit on it. NSC is now taking ~20 months to process such cases. Verification of one's status, in today's technological era, should not take even a day as systems can be queried to retrieve, decide and send the verification of the status information automatically without human intervention. After all, it is just the verification of one's status, which is already done at the US point of Entry or by the embassy's abroad.

This whole setup is redundant and could be automated. I wish government privatize USCIS so that Customers can get some relief from this white elephant.

Is this what American dream is?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to this blog. I am also waiting for the interview with the consulate here in manila, we filed our I824 aug. 2007, and sent copy to US embassy. Eventually, they sent packet III and sent the DS230 in march 2008. We are hoping visa to be current in the next couple of month. By the way our PD is April 2006. approved I485 aug. 2007. In addition. Our lawyer tolds us that we dont need to wait for the I824 to be sent to NVC. the consulate here can proceed with the interview as long as the visa is current. I hope this information will help anyone.

Hi NZON,

I am trying to initiate follow to join, I have heard some consulates need only I824 receipt as opposed to its approval but I don't know which.

Can you shed some information on this?
can you tell me who your lawyer is so that I can get some information on that?

TroubledGC

Hello TroubledGC,

You are right in saying that some consulate do not an approved I824 to initiate the consulate processing. If you have already filed for the I824, you can sent copy of receipt to your embassy. They will send you packet III and instruction of what to do. However, since you are waiting also for your I824 to be approved. ( as you would observe that nebraska is slowing the processing as compare to other area ). you can look at the website in your country' us embassy branch under immigration visa information. In addition, if you received your packet 3. The consulate will assigned a case no. for your interview if the visa under your category is current. By the way, included in the packet 3 is a DS230 form you have to fill it up and submit it. I hope this information would help you.
You are from what country?

Hi NZON,

I am fronm Iran and there are no US embassy in Iran, there are a couple of designated other countries that I could go such as (Turkey, UAE, Cyprus, Italy) so my dillema is now where to go and what to do.

Can I assk you who your lawyer is?

Thanks

HELLO TROUBLED GC,

I don't know the lawyer. My wife is the one who knows him. She is also the one who petitioned us. We are derivatives of an approved immigrant petition.That is why we have this I 824 procedure. I don't no what procedure is for the approved I140. Have you read the prerequisite for the I824. you can find that in uscis under "forms". I think the best you can do is call your nearest embassy so that they would be the one who assist you personally. GOD BLESS AND GOOD DAY TO YOU.

If you filed I-824 Follow to Join Application at Nebraska Service Center during 2007 or 2008, and it has been fortunately approved, please provide your timelines.

Else, please provide update on your case for others' benefit.

Follow to join case and US consulate in ISB

i824 filed on 5th Sep 2007 ,still pending. Send documents to consulate Direct on 6/1/08 lets see what happens

Hello there,

So your I-824 got approved and you are saying that you sent the approved document to US consulate ?

Have you heard back anything from US consulate in ISB...

If you filed I-824 Follow to Join Application at Nebraska Service Center during 2007 or 2008, and it has been fortunately approved, please provide your timelines.

Else, please provide update on your case for others' benefit.

I filed I-824 on 14-Sep-2007 at NSC. Still waiting for the approval...:confused: