I-797 notice without I-94 No

arun_2681

Registered Users (C)
The last time I entered the US was in March 2008 and I obtained a I-94 valid until March 2009. I extended my TN in March 2009 through mail by filing I-129. The I-797A approval notice I received in March 2009 had an I-94 portion but without an I-94 number.

When I travel out of the US, how will the airport official enter the new I-94 which extends my stay until March 2012 because when they look at the I-94 portion, there is no I-94 number?

If they enter the old number which expired in March 2009, I am concerned that while I return back to the US, the border officials may say that my I-94 expired in March 2009.

Can anyone please suggest how can I correct this situation?

Thanks,

When you say it has a I-94 portion, but no number, you need to elaborate. It the stub blank, or does it say I-94 but only no number. Did you get the 'real" I-797, that was sent to your employer, or did you simply get the courtesy copy, which would not have the I-94 information.

In any event, the I-797 itself has all the info you need to enter US. It has your petition number, which they can look up any info they wish.

Hi Nelsona,
Thanks for your reply.

1) My employer received the "real/original" 797A notice of action.

2) It says I-94 but has no number and has the period of validity

3) It has my receipt number as well.

Thanks,