I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

eb2_I485_RD0901

Registered Users (C)
The process of E-filing was easy !!. The ASC took only 10 min for the photos and Finger Prints.

Advantages of E-File:
- Enter the data yourself => so NO chance of Typo errors by TSC. Make sure YOU do not make typo / name swapping errors : See : http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108916&perpage=15&pagenumber=3
- Pay by CC ; => you can immediately see that the Money has safely been charged. (Hey earn some credit card miles ..or points !! See Below : about Security Code when using Credit Card ) http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=665696#post665696
- Get Recipt # instantly.
- No more LOST receipts (or anxiously waiting for a RECEIPT )
- No more LOST photos See http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109405
- Save Money on Photographs
- Service Center ALSO sends a copy of the Receipt at the give address within 5 days.
- ASC guys have become EXPERTS in handling EAD appointments. (Wait time is less than 30 min )
- ASC officer signs and "stamps" the copy of your EAD online receipt (proof that you went there )
- Online Receipt has "Bar CODE" which the ASC guys scan to import data.
- ASC has a seperate Quality Control Officer who checks ALL data entered including FP , Digital Photo , A# , etc. The Quality Control Officer then signs the I-765 Application as well.
- Appointment set using 800 # ( wait time on phone 2 ~ 3 min )
- Time at ASC << 30 min.
- ASC has printout of Appointment Schedule. (so no hassle explaining to them)

Disadvantages:
- You Have to go to the ASC for Digital Photo (U might have to take half vacation day ... ) it depends ( I took a 8:00 AM app ; Reached ASC at 7:40 AM . Door Opened at 7:50 AM . finished by 8:10 AM. Back to Office at 9:00 AM )

I-765 EAD ONLINE APPLICATION GUIDE

These instructions assume that this EAD online application is based on an I-485 adjustment of status application filed at a SERVICE CENTER based on an I-140 employment-based immigrant visa petition.

Before you start the online application, please make sure that you have the following:

1. Your computer has Adobe Acrobat Reader (to create and save a document in PDF format); you can download the Acrobat Reader for free at the following site:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

2. You have your ALIEN NUMBER assigned to you when the I-485 adjustment of status was filed (and contained in your last EAD card);

3. Your I-485 filing receipt number

4. The I-140 filing receipt number (for the principal applicant);

5. The date you last entered the USA and the category admitted in (H-1B, L-1,advance parole, EWI is for persons who entered illegally);

6. The port of entry to the USA (city);

7. Current status (enter the same category that you entered in or converted to while in the USA: H-1, L-1, F-1, advance parole);

8. The date you last applied for an EAD; (Or MULTIPLE EAD's) Have information for all of them.

9. The place where you applied (Texas Service Center, etc);

10. The results of your last EAD application (granted, denied, etc);

11. Credit Cards / Personal check so you can read the Bank routing and accounts numbers; (I would recommend CREDIT CARD )

12. The name of Credit Cards/ checking account holder as it appears in the Bank records;

13. The address of Credit Cards/ the checking account holder as it appears in the Bank records;

14. The phone number of the Credit Cards/ checking account holder as it appears in the Bank records.

Use the LINK:==>
https://egov.immigration.gov/ins_efile/InteractionMgr?interactionmgr.interaction=Select_I765

The first step to take is to got the initial page of the BCIS website:
Please select e-Gov Services @ BCIS

**At the next page, please select eFiling BCIS Forms.

**At the next page, please select Form I-765, E-Filing Application for Employment Authorization.

**At the next page, please select I-765 [under the heading Access Form for Electronic I-765 (efiling)].

**At the next page, please select Begin Application.

**At the next page, please select oval one (I am filing the form for myself or to assist someone. I am not a qualified Attorney) and then press CONTINUE;

**At the next page, please select RENEWAL OF MY PERMISSION TO ACCEPT EMPLOYMENT and complete all the biographic data about yourself – almost at the foot of the application, include the ALIEN NUMBER beginning with the letter A and followed by the numbers without any dashes (there is NO NEED to include the I-94 number—all you need is the alien number);

**At the next page, select YES to the question “Have you ever before applied for employment Authorization form BCIS? And include the Service Center where the I-485 application was filed: TEXAS SERVICE CENTER, VERMONT SERVICE CENTER, NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER or CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER; also include the date of the last EAD application (see the date of the last EAD was issued and use that date) and the results GRANTED – You should also enter the DATE OF LAST ENTRY TO THE USA, PLACE OF LAST ENTRY, MANNER (B-1, H-1, ETC)

AND CURRENT STATUS IN USA (parolee if entered with a parole or otherwise the same status as last entry even if expired, if in doubt leave blank !!
Options are NOT in order; so it is possible that you may select the wrong one e.g (Select H1 insted of H1B ) Please see the alphabetically sorted list :: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=716841#post716841

At this point, you will see a box that states PLEASE SELECT YOUR ELIGIBILITY STATUS. Here you will enter the code (c)(9) Filed I-485.

Very Important:
Then a box that reads PLEASE PROVIDE INFORMATION CONCERNING YOUR ELIGIBILITY STATUS – Here you should enter the filing receipt of YOUR I-485 application and the I-140 filing receipt (yours if your are the principal applicant or of your spouse/parent if you are not the principal applicant) –Example I-485 SRC-00-000-00000 and I-140 SRC-00-000-00000 –

**The following page will ask to confirm the particulars of the Credit Card or checking account being used to pay the $120.00 filing fee.

Very Important:
Always check the box which says I will be mailing supporting docs !!

Why Mail Supporting Docs : Read this:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108423

Very Important:
Once the payment has been accepted, please PRINT THE ENTIRE APPLICATION, which will include a filing receipt, and a completed I-765 application.
Please also SAVE the application in your computer for future reference.

Very Important:
Print application : Make a covering letter: (see Below) : Send to Appropriate Service Center. Send it CERTIFIED MAIL + RETURN RECEIPT. If mailing 2 APPILCANTS send 2 MAILS / ENVELOPS: MARK THE ENVELOPE CLEARY: ORIGINAL SUBMISSION : SUPPORTING DOCS FOR E-FILED I-765.

The instructions will provide you with an (800) number to call to make an appointment to go to the nearest Application Support Center (ASC) to have your INDEX PRINT AND PHOTO TAKEN. PLEASE CALL IMMEDIATELY AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. When you call the (800) number, please select the FINGERPRINTING OPTION. When you go to the ASC, BRING THE ENTIRE APPLICATION AND FILING RECEIPT AS WELL AS PASSPORT/DRIVER’S LICENSE . At the ASC they will photograph you and take your index print. The photo and index print will be digitized by the ASC and will be forwarded electronically to the SERVICE CENTER where the I-485 application is pending.

NOTE: THE ASC has a "PRINT OUT" of all the APPOINTMENTS that were made by calling the 800 NSC number. So when you go to the ASC they will have the information about your name, APP time, A#.

Things to take at the ASC:
Current Unexpired EAD.
Printout of the EAD APPLICATION that was filed online. (Note the ASC uses the "BAR CODE" on the Application to enter some data during FP)
Driver Licence

Sample Covering Letter for PRINCIPAL APPLICANT:

Dear Immigration Officer,
I have submitted my EAD renewal application electronically on xx/xx/xx. The BCIS Receipt number is xxxxxxxxx. My A# is xxxxxxxx
Currently, I am working on the EAD which was issued on xxxxxxxx.

Please find attached the following documents for the Renewal of my I-765 E-Filing

- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice
- Copy of Current EAD (Front & Back)
- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with TSC)
- Online Status of my I485 receipt
- Copy of I-140 Approval Petition
- Copy of Previous EAD mailer
- Cut out mailer of previous EAD Approval.
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Passport (which has Bio-graphic data)
- Copy of Drivers License

Thank you, I appreciate your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Sample Letter for Derivative Applicant:

Dear Immigration Officer,
****same as above*****

- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with TSC: Derivative Adjustment)
- Copy of I-140 Approval Petition of Principal Applicant (My spouse: xxx xxxx)
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Marriage Certificate
- Copy of Passport (which has Bio-graphic data & Husbands Name)

Thank you, I appreciate your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Very Important:

For TSC:
Texas Service Center Direct Mail Address by Application
I-765 E-Filing USCIS TSC PO Box 852401 Mesquite, TX 75185-2401

For Other Service Centers Please verify address online / on the PDF file

Last edited by a moderator:
eb2_485:

"Very Important: Always check the box which says I will be mailing supporting docs !! "

I didn't check the box and not mailed any supporting documents when i e-filed for EAD renewal. Will it be a probelm ? Will they ask for it if they need it or is it mandatory to send the supp docs ?

Anybody Efiled EAD without supp docs approved ?

Even if you did not check it Please go ahead and send the docs.. no harm in sending them now

With TSC no use of taking risk ... .we all know how these guys work ! There has been a lot of discussion about the 90 days rule in case of iEAD when an RFE has been issued.
Please be extra cautious when you are using your EAD for working.

Send them the docs as soon as possible.

When did you apply ?

Re: moderator

Originally posted by tombaan
please put it in the important list so people can use it for future reference

Eb2_..., tombaan, how abt compiling such important list like a FAQ
and then ask the moderator to keep it on top.

Or have a new thread which will be kept on top and the thread will contain Threads to all such discussions.

The other important threads in past few days which come into question from time to time -
FBI's number for FP
Sample letter for I-131
Sample letter for AC21
Writing on AR-11 form.

Any other items that anyone can think of ??

question expired EAD

I have been doing all my process of I485 with a law firm and I would like to try by myself.
The first question is: is it ok to renew the working permit without the law firm?
Second question is: my spouse's working permit expired on December 03. Can she still apply electronically?

Thanks
Xela500

goastros,

I think it is a good idea to have "ONE" common "FAQ" Thread on top; Inside this thread we could have "seperate" links for various issues.

Also I have added more information to the instructions. (I will continue to update it as needed)

eb2_I485_RD0901

I have certain questions and i would really appreciate if you can answer at the earliest.

My EAD expires on March 27th and i have less than 90 days to apply for EAD. If i apply electronically will it be faster to get the approval.

I have some more basic question

1. Is Family Name is the same as Last Name
2. Is Given name is the same as First Name
3. In the applicant Information page there is a field where it asks for Date of Application for previous EAD. What date should i put in.

I would appreciate if you can email me spratibha@yahoo.com

Re: eb2_I485_RD0901

Originally posted by spratibha
I have certain questions and i would really appreciate if you can answer at the earliest. ..............
Apply TONIGHT DO not DELAY. ( Efile can be done 24 hrs !!)
Family Name = Last Name
Given Name = First Name
For Q3 See below (It is mentioned in my Post) Use the date the EAD was issued.

**At the next page, select YES to the question “Have you ever before applied for employment Authorization form BCIS? And include the Service Center where the I-485 application was filed: TEXAS SERVICE CENTER, VERMONT SERVICE CENTER, NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER or CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER; also include the date of the last EAD application (see the date of the last EAD was issued and use that date) and the results GRANTED – You should also enter the DATE OF LAST ENTRY TO THE USA, PLACE OF LAST ENTRY, MANNER (B-1, H-1, ETC)

Re: question expired EAD

Originally posted by xela500
I have been doing all my process of I485 with a law firm and I would like to try by myself......................

You can do it yourself if you have the required docs:
DO you have the required docs ??

- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with TSC)
- Copy of I-140 Approval Petition
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Passport (which has Bio-graphic data)

Second question is: my spouse's working permit expired on December 03. Can she still apply electronically?

I think you can apply ; I did not see anything which says you can not apply if current EAD is expired : Please check this
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-i-765.htm

eb2_I485_RD0901:

Thanks for the Info. I will send them asap. I applied on the 3rd week of december.

I do not have application form.

eb2_I485_RD0901,

I filed my I-765 online but I forgot to print out the application form(PDF). Looks like I did not save it on my computer. Do you know how I can get it again? I am supposed to visit ASC on 1/15/2004 for taking photograph. Is it OK if I bring just printout of conformation receipt?

Did you get the Receipt copy in the mail ?

TSC will send a copy to your "home" address ; it should reach U within a week of online filing.

Take that original recepit + 2 copies with you.

Did you view the PDF File ? If you did then maybe it is still downloaded in the PC you viewed it from. I think whenever you view a PDF file the file is downoaded in some TEMP folder.

Search for all PDF files on the PC for that day. Make sure you set the option to view "Hidden" Files.

I will do this on my PC and let U know if I can find it.

We had one similar important thread in the EAD/AP section.

Nobody was interested , that is they kept asking the same stupid questions again and again. If y'all think this can be moved to the EAD/AP forum we can stick this thread to appear at the top there.
Online EAD is not only for TSC.
By repeatedly answering the same kind of questions and by making this thread grow (please dont include the question in your reply) you are only making this thread unreadable.

Please let me know what to do?

I found it :
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files where xxxx is your user name.

The file name will be "efilePrintServelet ......" Copy this file and rename it to xxx.pdf
Now you can view it.

jaxen,

I fully agree with you.
People should read the instructions fully before asking something.

I think you can move this to the EAD section.

Make sure you have at least 2 copies of all the online receipt docs when you go for FP and photo at the local ASC. They will retain one and give you the other with the stamp. You will be told to make how many copies when you call to make the FP/Photo appointment.
Am moving this to EAD section...

One Last Question Please

Please provide following information on when I-485 get Transferred from TSC to Local District office, where to mail or Efile the EAD? Because in Transfer Notice it is written all future correspondance will be done to District office address.

TSC or District Office?

Another Question

In the required Documents what do you mean by the following

- Cut out mailer of previous EAD Approval

I don't think i have the above. I just have the EAD. Please reply fast.

Thanks,

Pratibha

Re: Another Question

Originally posted by spratibha
In the required Documents what do you mean by the following

The EAD Mailer is that "PAPER" in which your EAD was attached, when you received it from INS. The TOP portion of this "Mailer" has a "CUT OUT" section which has instructions to save the mailer and to send the "TOP CUT OUT" portion with the next EAD renewal.