I-751

6Pack

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Want to check with those of you already filled I-751. My conditional GC is going to expire soon and need to know is it a must that you need to submit the affidavits affirmed by at least two people ?

So far i have

Check for $545.00
Form I-751
Copy of Permanent Resident Card
Copy of Marriage Certificate
Copy of joint credit cards
Copy of joint bank account
Copy of jointly filed income taxes
Photo of us on vacation
Copy of flight itinerary to our vacation to Hawaii
Wedding pictures
Pictures of family (me, my wife and new born son)
Copy of Joint Ownership our home
Copy of Joint Ownerships of other lands
Copy of Joint Insurance

I don't think it is a "must" to submit affidavits. If you can easily get the affidavits then provide them with your app. I always think the more documentation you have the better.

BTW, if you have a son - submit a copy of his birth certificate also.

I agree with previous post

although it is technically not "required" in my experience they do prefer to have that just in case there is something about your case that is "questionable". In my case in particular I had the interviewing officer specifically tell me to get him two affidavits.

one more thing

a super strong case such as yours

you may be able to avoid the second interview.

one more thing

a super strong case such as yours

you may be able to avoid the second interview.

From whatever I know,a very few people have to go thru a second interview.
I believe interviews are only for cases where USCIS have doubts...
Again...My 2 cents....

Hi

Want to check with those of you already filled I-751. My conditional GC is going to expire soon and need to know is it a must that you need to submit the affidavits affirmed by at least two people ?

So far i have

Check for $545.00
Form I-751
Copy of Permanent Resident Card
Copy of Marriage Certificate
Copy of joint credit cards
Copy of joint bank account
Copy of jointly filed income taxes
Photo of us on vacation
Copy of flight itinerary to our vacation to Hawaii
Wedding pictures
Pictures of family (me, my wife and new born son)
Copy of Joint Ownership our home
Copy of Joint Ownerships of other lands
Copy of Joint Insurance

Your package seems good! All the best, 6Pack :)

Finally sent the documents

Thank you all for responding to my post earlier. I was away from home last two month and didn't get to finish the documents i started. My wife mailed it today and hopefully CIS will receive the application tomorrow. I only have 100 day left before my 2 year conditional GC expire. With the current p rocessing time i am guessing it probably will take around 9 to 10 months to get a permanent GC!.

Given the stats, what are the options available after my GC expire? do i have to stop working until the permanent GC on hand? Please advice

Cheers

I only have 100 day left before my 2 year conditional GC expire.

First of all, you're supposed to file I-751 within 90 days before the second anniversary of becoming a conditional permanent resident. So, unless your expiration date is different than that date + 2 years, or you made a typo in the previous post, I'm afraid that you mailed your package too soon. As far as I know, they will just return it if that's the case, and ask you to resubmit when the time is right.

Given the stats, what are the options available after my GC expire? do i have to stop working until the permanent GC on hand? Please advice

Once you've successfully submitted your application, you should be receiving an "extension letter," which extends your status for a year (or until a decision has been made), so you can freely work and travel.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Don't forget the birth certificate of your son, that and your deed and the other documents you have should be enough.

Dont stress out for birth certificate, I didn't include it in my application cuz I didn't have it at that time. Yeah my daughter was born July 2008 and I filed Jan 2009 and still didnt have the official birth certificate, wehn i realize I would need it, it was late, so I just sent application without birth certificate.

this is a quote from my cover letter sent along with I-751

I am filing for removal of my permanent residency conditions. I became a Permanent Resident in 03/08/2007.

I am attaching some documents to support the status of my marriage with xxxx, who petitioned for my current permanent residency. The documents are:

- Tax income returns filed in xxx in April 2007
- Copy of our current leased apartment in xxx.
- Copy of a recent purchased vehicle that has both our names in the financial papers.

Also, I am attaching the list of addresses during the last 2.5 years. Finally, the requested 2 photos are attached as well. Please do not hesitate to contact me if anything else is needed.

update.....CIS did sent the file back asking to resubmit within the timeline. I resent the file after 4 weeks. Yesterday completed biometrics. I guess now 5 month of wait time....

Btw...i have included my son's BC when i resene the file :)

Cheers

My Christmas gift has arrived...

Hope you all in the good spirit of X-mas. I have recieved my approval letter last week. Just now got an email

Current Status: Card production ordered.

Thank you and good luck..

Hey I have a quick question about the 751 that I am confused about.

If you are married to a USC, why do you need to apply to remove conditions for a 10 yr GC when you can apply for citizenship on the 3rd year. 2 year conditional GC and then 1 year extension, within that extension cant' you file for citizenship after 7 months. I think its 2.7 years right? They say to apply 90 days before?

One can apply for citizenship without having an adjudicated I-751. However an N-400 cannot be approved until conditions have been lifted.

Hey I have a quick question about the 751 that I am confused about.

If you are married to a USC, why do you need to apply to remove conditions for a 10 yr GC when you can apply for citizenship on the 3rd year. 2 year conditional GC and then 1 year extension, within that extension cant' you file for citizenship after 7 months. I think its 2.7 years right? They say to apply 90 days before?

Welcome. I hope you got this information in time, i.e. before your conditional GC expired :)

I just got my approvals for GC, waiting for it to come in the mail. I will get the 2 year conditional. I was just confused about the informaion but its good that I know now instead of researching on it later on!