i-751 question

sanket_82

Registered Users (C)
Helo All,

I would be filling my i-751 removal of conditions by end of this month or beginning of next month. I have few question that I would like to clarify that would help me in preparing my application in a more better way. We got married in Nov 2008 and I got my GC in Dec 2009 and than moved to a new apt in Aug 2010. Yesterday I got a mail from USCIS reminding me of filling for i-751 alongiwth that mail was an AR-11 form for address change that I need to do with USICS (I didn't do it when I moved to new apt). Not that AR-11 asks for date of entry to US so is that the date when I first came in US or the date the last time I entered in US since after my first entry I have travelled out of US 4 times.

Now we have our Apt lease in both our names but that starts from Aug 2010, Electricity and Gas bills joint again from Aug 2010, Joint bank account from Feb 2009, Joint Car ins Feb 2009, Fed tax returns from past 3 years (since we got married in Nov 2008, so ammended the 2008 tax return and made it joint). As a supporting evidence what all from this list shoudl be included in the i-751 petition? Also had a life ins in which I was named as beneficiary but closed that policy 3 months back due to economic crunch.

Question about form AR-11, I got my GC in Nov 2009 and moved to a new address in March 2010. I didn't change my address with USCIS. I recently mailed my I-751. Would that be ok??

Actually I never changed my address but last week I got the AR-11 in mail asking me to update USCIS with my address change so I did it. Did you get any mail as a reminder to file removal of conditions?

Did your spouse (and any joint sponsors who have moved) remember to file I-865 change of address notices?

Thank you for your replies!

Sanket_82, I did not get any reminder mail to file removal of conditions.

BigJoe5, my spouse was not aware of I-865. I just found out last night and filed my AR-11 on line and we are mailing the I-865 today.

Actually what happenend was I moved in July 2010 to my new apartment and changed the address online with USPS so the reminder for removal of condition went back to USCIS with the yellow sticker on envelope notifying them of my new address. So what USCIS did was put that envelope as is in a bigger envelope and mailed me to my new address. Along with that they did put a photocopy ( a really bad xerox copy) of AR-11 and a cover letter explaining the process and requirement for address change. SO went online and filed AR-11

They are sending out reminders about removing conditions? Unless they have become nicer in the last year and a half, I though the approval notice said it would be our responsibility to remove conditions within 90 days of the card expiration date and we will not be reminded.

INA Sec. 216. [8 U.S.C. 1186a] [Substitute USCIS for Attorney General]

(a) In general.-

(1) Conditional basis for status.-Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, an alien spouse (as defined in subsection (g)(1)) and an alien son or daughter (as defined in subsection (g)(2)) shall be considered, at the time of obtaining the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, to have obtained such status on a conditional basis subject to the provisions of this section.

(2) Notice of requirements.-

(A) At time of obtaining permanent residence.-At the time an alien spouse or alien son or daughter obtains permanent resident status on a conditional basis under paragraph (1), the Attorney General shall provide for notice to such a spouse, son, or daughter respecting the provisions of this section and the requirements of subsection (c)(1) to have the conditional basis of such status removed.

(B) At time of required petition.-In addition, the Attorney General shall attempt to provide notice to such a spouse, son, or daughter, at or about the beginning of the 90-day period described in subsection (d)(2)(A), of the requirements of subsections (c)(1).

(C) Effect of failure to provide notice.-The failure of the Attorney General to provide a notice under this paragraph shall not affect the enforcement of the provisions of this section with respect to such a spouse, son, or daughter.

They will try to send a reminder (they are computer tracked and generated) BUT they need a current address to send it to.

Just a quick reminder of my previous question:

Do I need to send in all the supproting documents proving or marraige legitimate for these two years or just few months should be fine? I have lease for more than a year now, utility bills for past one year, joint account for more than 2 years now and tax returns from past 3 years. We got married in Nov 2008 and applied for my GC in Sep 2009 and got my GC in Dec 2009.

Just a quick reminder of my previous question:

Do I need to send in all the supproting documents proving or marraige legitimate for these two years or just few months should be fine? I have lease for more than a year now, utility bills for past one year, joint account for more than 2 years now and tax returns from past 3 years. We got married in Nov 2008 and applied for my GC in Sep 2009 and got my GC in Dec 2009.

I submitted copies of our joint checking and savings account for the past 3 years. Also, pictures and letters from friends and family in the last 2 years arranged in chronological order.