I-751 January Fillers

Bunnny

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

I thought it would be good to separate January I-751 fillers.
Here is my info:

01/03/2008, I-751 Package sent
01/07/2008, USPS tracking shows delivered
01/16/2008, NOA recieved
01/29/2008, Biometric Appt Notice received
02/11/2008, Biometric Appt

Does anybody know if it is sure that you are approved when you get Biometric Appt? Is there anybody who did not get approved right away after the Biometric Appt?

Thanks and Good luck to everybody!

I've heard of no-one being approved right after Biometrics Appt. Although not that often, you can still get a Request for Further Evidence (RFE) or an Interview Appointment Letter after Biometrics are done. For those not getting RFE or Interview letters, the cases are lately being approved within 2 or 3 months after Biometrics at CSC, or 6-7 months at VSC, or even longer if any hassles occur. Nowadays, TSC and NSC are transferring cases to VSC and CSC respectively.

BTW, I sent my I-751 package on Jan 25th'08. See case evolution in signature below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so it is not sure...They may still ask you for evidence or interview. Anyways, I saw some people's timeframes and it seems like the waiting time is getting shorter...
Are there any other January fillers or maybe that's why they do it faster?:rolleyes:

Hey where did this new bunny come up from.. People do not confuse him for the long term bunny on the forum......

There is already a thread for I-751 dec/jan filers which is where people are so join that instead of starting a new one.

I got confused too with the other January fillers topic so I wanted to separate the I-751 from I-130 January fillers. I did not know that December and January I-751 fillers were mixed together in one thread... Sorry... and thanks for letting me know bunnybugs! :confused:

Bunnny with an extra n no problems. Cherr has started the thread and its an awasome place for all Dec/Jan fillers. Follow it and update it regularly. But keep mentioning ur name with extra name very clearly or things would be so confusing u won't know ur own timeline.

I think I repost my timeline here, since I actually sent my package in January.
>> Bunnny, would you mind adding your Service Center to your timeline?
It would be a good idea for everyone to post their service center and DO, since not all of us sending to the same place.
I used to have same timeline as Bunnybugs and now he already has his BIO appointment letter and I am still waiting…
And Bunnny, just 4 days ahead and already done with the fingerprints….
I wonder if it has something to do with our original DO. :confused:

I sent by package in January to VSC. I have not received any NOA or receipt notice till 02/18. Please advice what should I do? Thanks

01/30/08 - I-751 mailed to VSC.
01/31/08 - Received & package delivered.
02/07/08 - check cleared (EAC number cannot readable on check).

What should I do to get the EAC number?

Guys,
I forgot to mention that I sent my application to VSC via Overnight FED ex and it has been received and delieved on 01/31 . Does it matter on using FEDEX rather than UPSC? Please advice.

chawls,
don't worry about the differences between mailing companies. Your package has been delivered and your check has already been cashed. That means your case is already in line for processing.
On the other hand, as regards EAC number, it's worthless having it. It's the same number you'll get on the first Notice of Action. But it won't be shown online on your case status. If you want to check your case status online you'll need the case number appearing on your Biometrics Appointment Notice, once you get it.

What if someone is not available for bio appointment (we'll be traveling one month after having filed I-751)?
Can you still do a walk-in before the appointment or is it possible to go the following week? I remember for I-485 there was a designated day of the week (Wednesday) for walk-ins (with bio appt letter though).
At this point I'm thinking not to take any chance and file a few days before we travel. I will waste a month, but that way I'll know for sure I won't be called for the bio appointment while I'm away.
Also, do you still have to surrender your conditional GC at the bio appointment?
Thanks

Thanks beiwen for quick reply. Do you recommend that I should contact VSC for the followings as I have received neither of them:
Notice of Action
Biometrics Appointment Notice,

How long is it taking to get above notices. Please reply.

Thanks

sarrebal,
they offer a chance to reschedule it. You can do it if you think you will get reschedule by that time...but you won't know it until you get the FP appointment first.

You can't do walk-ins anymore, you need the FP appt if not they won't let you in. The only ones allow I think to do walk in is if your FP appt states so or if you are a military personnel.

You can apply in the 90days window. There is no part on the process that states that you have to surrender your conditional green card. Some people have experienced/adviced that you should carry your conditional green card with you and show it when you got for FP appointment.

Chawls,
If it's get the 2/28 I will go for INFOPASS with the copy of your check cash and your receipt when it was received by USCIS and asked them if they already sent you the first NOA. I wouldn't worry for the FP appt right now since that one takes more time, but you can ask as well.

Good luck,

chawls,
for the first Notice of Action, give it 4 weeks. It usually takes 2 weeks from the date you send your application. So, you should be receiving it this week. If I were you, I'd call USCIS 30 days after your package was sent or received and/or definetely 30 days after the date your check was cashed.
On the other hand, according to the timelines posted by some other people filing for I-751 at VSC, the Biometrics notice is usually received 30-60 days after check is cashed. You can thus wait for it until the first week of April. If you haven't by then, you should call them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed at VSC. I saw in the forum that a lot of people's files were transferred to VSC. Maybe they work faster :) Also there is job posting for immigration officers all over the country, so they are hiring... hopefuly that way they will process the applications faster ;)

Please help guys.

I called USCIS today i.e 01/28 as I have not received any communication from VSC where I sent across my I751. The immigration officer confirmed that they have received my application in January o1/31 and she gave one EAC...... number to me and she has requested NOA again via mail for me.

She said that if I don't receive any correspondence from them, then I should call them back after 45 days ( If I count, it comes around 04/15).

My questions:

1. Suppose, I don't receive any notice from them, then what should I do? Should I get an appointment in the local office ( norfolk in VA) on it. What should I request in it? any I551 stamping??? What will happen for biometric app. notice?

2. What else could I asked for to the immigratoin officer? I am feeling that I have missed some thing. I have not reminded her that my conditional GC is expiring on 04/25/2008.

3. How long should I wait before I hire any attroney on my case.

4. What will be my status after 04/25/08 ( the date of my conditional GC expires). Please help I am confused now.

5. I am unable to make any travel plan without any confirmation

Please help.

thanks
01/30/08 - I-751 mailed to VSC.
01/31/08 - Received & package delivered.
02/07/08 - check cleared (EAC number cannot readable on check).
02/28/08 - Called USCIS and got EAC number
NOA ????
Biometric app.notice ????

Obtained I-551 stamp in Passport

As per the suggestion of bunnybugs and officer at USCIS 800 number, I got my passport stamped (I-551 stamp valid for a year).

The lady at the counter pointed out that USCIS didnot have my most upto date address on file. Recommended filling out AR-11. I believe I had sent an AR-11 when I moved couple of years back. I will do that again.

Can USCIS issue a duplicate copy of I-751. Will they treat I-551 stamp as acceptable (in lieu of physical I-751 receipt. I have the receipt number) when I go for fingerprinting. Now awaiting the finger printing notice.