I-751 Form (after Divorce) Question

Jade Shifflett

Hi there,
I'm a Canadian who came to the US on a K1 Visa, my divorce to my husband will be final as of May, 2016. Organizing everything myself without a lawyer and am stuck on this one question on the I-1751 form.

Part 1. Information About You (the conditional resident).
Question 21. If you are married, is this a different marriage than the one through which you gained conditional resident status?
YES or NO are the only options.

I am NOT married anymore (officially as of May) so do I just write N/A beside the question, leave it blank, or tick NO?

Thank you so much for the help, I am just not willing to go $2000 into debt in order to hire a lawyer and stay in the country, though I do absolutely love it here.

I would leave it blank or hand-write "N/A". The premise of the question "If you are married" is not true, so the question does not apply.

Hi Jade - I am in a similar situation and was wondering how this process went for you. I expect you're waiting to hear whether your independent petition to remove conditions from your green card was accepted?
I hope you are successful with it. Please let me know how it goes. I'm sure it's not an easy process.

Best,
S.

Hi there,
I'm a Canadian who came to the US on a K1 Visa, my divorce to my husband will be final as of May, 2016. Organizing everything myself without a lawyer and am stuck on this one question on the I-1751 form.

Part 1. Information About You (the conditional resident).
Question 21. If you are married, is this a different marriage than the one through which you gained conditional resident status?
YES or NO are the only options.

I am NOT married anymore (officially as of May) so do I just write N/A beside the question, leave it blank, or tick NO?

Thank you so much for the help, I am just not willing to go $2000 into debt in order to hire a lawyer and stay in the country, though I do absolutely love it here.

have situation now my wife was USAF she retired with disability(due PTSD) in AUGUST 1 2016 , our marriage been hell cause of her PTSD bad bad since april 2016 , we filed jointly I-751 in oct 2015 till now they still looking to the evidence ,they sent to me a letter 3 days ago wanting more evidence and I ran out of evidence except few as we are now separated but not moved to divorce but she is changed completely since she retired always on her world very self centered smoking wheat chasing Teccno music parties every where I think she got a boy friend too she act like she does not know me I,m afraid my status will end with interview she does not care she says she will help me but I know she is abusing our joint bank account and of course I,m the one who is suffering from that but she is abusing me finically , she moved to another address in another state found out that she filed her taxes as house hold while she was stationed in another different state I,m so down I don't know what to do I asked my immigration lawyer he said lets send any evidence after that I have after I filed jointly I-751 in 2015 but I m so worried all my life is screwed up and I cannot go back to my country in this way I have a life and good job as merchant mariner I have good friends here I Don't know what to do they gave me a time limit to send more evidence till December 12 pleaaaaaseeeee Help ME .I,m not sleeping any more

excuse my grammar and my spelling mistakes in my previous post. I GUESS when I'm in Anxiety mood I make mistakes like this I'm just mentally exhausted all what I want to add I keep in contact with her because like my dear friend said to me she got you from the B**lls as she is my dame sponsor and I don't want to lose contact with her may be I'll need her for any questions raised by the Immigration but I Know deep in my heart she will never move her A*** to help unless I return the fav. to her in different way this marriage turned to a scam I'm the victim of her mental and wheat mood . Before her retiring from the Air force she was very much controlled now she is wild loose abusive machine .