I-751 February 2008 Filers

Yes you can check your status via the application number the one on your FP/Bio notice. The only difference is you will not get an email once they approve it. However you can check you LUD's this method.

How to file

Hello All,

I am getting ready to file my I-751, and am curious regarding the procedure. The forms are very cut and dry and self explanatory. I suppose my real question is the format. Do I use a manilla folder? Do I use tabs for my documents? Can i send color copies of our wedding pics along with other pics? I also only have 1 true notarized affadavit. The other one is from our CPA who has done our taxes for the last three years. It is eseentially just a letter. Will that suffice? Will I receive a RFE? We do not own any property, but both of us are on the lease. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ray

Most people who have the timeline have it in their signature. You can to periodically update your signature to update your timeline globally.

There is no automatic tracking that I'm aware of.

Question for online message after Biometrics

Completed Biometrics and the online status last updated date changed to 03/23/2008. However, the online message text did not change from what was their before the last updated date (Quote below). No mention about completing Biometrics etc.

Did you guys had the same message displayed or something else

As always, your insights are very much appreciated

"Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On February 15, 2008, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Vikas

Yep, they work on your file and if there is no substantial change the online status remains the same.

It usually changes if they approve your case, send you a RFE, transfer your case to another center or something major like that.

Update!! At least I received a letter for FP and now I have my case number. When I look online, it says it was transferred, but doesn't say where. Still no NOA.

Hi gabyflaks,
Are you sending your I-751 more than 90 days before the expiration of your conditional green card? If that is the case keep in mind that they might return it to you without accepting or processing it.

No checked on that before i sent it. It was received in TSC on 3-24-08 and GC will expire on 7-16-08. Its exactly 85 days.

90-day rule

Hi. Be careful as you might be counting working days. It seems that from now until the middle of July there will be more than 90 days.

latest Vermont Service Center

I checked USCIS website today and the processing date for I-751 was Feb 1, 07! So they went back from March 1,07 previously to Feb 1. Go figure!

getting I-551 stamp WITHOUT NOA...

Hi everyone...we are in the process of filing my husband's I-751 at Texas. We are traveling to Jamaica next week, and won't return until the day his conditional residence expires....4/13. I am wondering, have any of you had any success getting the I-551 stamp WITHOUT the NOA? He took an infopass apt and they wouldn't give it to him...said they needed receipt. And he's thinking, if I had the receipt I wouldn't be here! Calling USCIS they give a receipt number, but doesn't work online and say nothing is in the system besides the dates they cashed the check, etc.....any ideas?

2/28/08: sent I-751
3/3/08: received in Texas
3/11/08: check cashed

still waiting on NOA.... ?

It means last update. But I do not know what exactly that means in practice. I guess somebody worked on your case on this date or sth.

any LUD?

You can get a I-551 stamp if you can see the NOA number on your check. Perhaps that would help.

I was wondering if anybody has had a LUD recently on their I-751 case? Or any recent emails concerning status?

LUD after FP

I just signed up for "Check Status Online", I realized that I got my LUD after my Biometric done. However, my LUD for I-130 was in Sep.2007. I am not sure what's that mean. Any idea?

Please also check out my timeline for reference. Thanks!