I-751 February 2008 Filers

Good News from me

Hi, I received my NOA today. Here is my timeline:

2/11 - I-751 Received by VSC
2/15 - Check cleared in Bank Account
2/16 - Received NOA, extending GC one year

DO they need more documentation?

I sent in i-751 early feb and received the NOA extending the GC by 1 year. Does this mean they reviewed the application and do not need any mroe documentation? Keep in mind I still have not received the FP notice

My questions i when do I know they have reviewed the application and will not be needing any more documentation. Also do i-751 cases ever have personal interviews?

I was going to use a lawyer and completed the application myself last moment. Just a bit worried i did not miss anything

Thanks

I sent in i-751 early feb and received the NOA extending the GC by 1 year. Does this mean they reviewed the application and do not need any mroe documentation? Keep in mind I still have not received the FP notice

No, that just mean they received it and that's it.

My questions i when do I know they have reviewed the application and will not be needing any more documentation. Also do i-751 cases ever have personal interviews?

Nobody knows...there can be several scenarios: 1. they approved your case without an interview 2. you will be schedule for an interview 3. they will request more information.

So yes, there still can be an interview. Is not that common but yes it happens. By one time I read somewhere is something randmonly in the system but the officer can waived it if review that there is enough material to approved the case, the less thing they want is to put more peopleover the field offices.

Getting the NOA extending the GC by 1 year means that you sent the correct form and the correct fee with the copy of your green card. Your application has been accepted for processing. This does not mean, however, that the application has been approved. You should receive a biometrics/fingerprinting appointment shortly. After your biometrics are done, your case will resume for processing. They will review it. They might send you a letter with a Request for Further Evidence, or a letter for an Interview (this happens in some cases) or they might just approve the case without any further requirement (this is what usually happens). The waiting period for this type of case to be completed varies depending on the Center which has your application. Currently, California Center is taking 3-4 months to complete such processes, Vermont is taking about 6-7 months, and Texas and Nebraska are transferring cases to Vermont and California respectively. However, these periods might well be longer if further evidence or interview are required.

Update. My check was cashed, however, I show SRC number. I thought it will be redirected to Vermont??

USCIS processing times

It seems like after a month or so, USCIS has updated the processing times for Vermont Service Center online. But there is simply no change in the dates for I-751. It is interesting, but they seem to just not update dates for I-751. I'm pretty sure they are still not examining application from March 1.

Still waiting very anxiously for the 1st NOA (1 year extension)

Most of the posts I read received their 1st NOA/ 1 year extension between 2-3 weeks of applying. It's been 3 weeks for me, checks have been cashed and I am waiting to get the NOA.

Incase, NOA doesnot come through by end of this week, can someone suggest what my next step should be. Should I go to the DO and ask for I 551stamp in my passport. As a backup, I have taken a Infopass appointment for Feb 28.

Any insight will be much appreciated.

Taken Appt at DO

If check is cashed and you do not receive any NOA by march 15th which is unusual for VSC take an infopass and get a stamp on your passport.
If you look carefully on cashed check image you can see your EAC# which is the one for 1st NOA extending ur residency status.
For online status you need to use the FP NOA and that is the only one which will work. The other one is not going to be available online. If you read your both NOA's carefully it is mentioned at the bottom.

Thanks Bunnybugs. Have taken an appointment at the DO. Hoepfully it will not be needed.

Called USCIS-Great experience & Very relieved.

I just called USCIS. Very pleasently surprised. Didnot had to wait listening to music.

CSR informed that I would need a receipt number. I tried guessing it from the barely legible online copy of the check. Using that number, he couldnot find it. He however transferred me to a very courteous officer.

The officer asked for the details, gave me the receipt number. He said that it can take upto 30 days after cashing the check. When I asked, about the possibility of not receiving a receipt notice by March 15th (day when GC expires), he suggested that I should go to local DO and get a stamp in my Passport using the receipt number he gave me. He repeatedly assured me that I was in good shape.

Great experience. Very relieved.

Thanks again to all you guys for all insight and support

I am posting this for someone who has filed a I-751 on January 31, 2008.

Her Conditional GC expired on Feb 22, 2008.

She filed her I-751 using the "Waiver" clause. Entered married in good faith however ended in divorce.

As a resident of Ohio she sent her application and paperwork to Nebraska service center which sent her a rejection notice stating that they do not have jurisdiction for her case.

How do we find out where to file her case?

Thanks in advance!

My conditional green card will expire tomorrow. I just sent the I751 package to California Service Center by express mail today. Hopefully, they will receive it tomorrow by noon. Will keep you guys posted.
-----------------------------------------
Conditional status till 2/27/2008
I751 sent (CSC): 2/26/2008

Just to add myself to the tracker.

I sent in my application yesterday to Nebraska. Lately I've seen a lot of cases transferred to California and approval in 3-4 months. I hope mine gets transferred as well. Will update here when update here when I get any updates.

Mailed Joint I-751 02/25/2008 to Nebraska Center
Received: 02/26/2008
Added: Conditional Card expired 05/18/2008

Obtained I 551 stamp in Passport

As per the suggestion of bunnybugs and officer at USCIS 800 number, I got my passport stamped (I-551 stamp valid for a year).

The lady at the counter pointed out that USCIS didnot have my most upto date address on file. Recommended filling out AR-11. I believe I had sent an AR-11 when I moved couple of years back. I will do that again.

Can USCIS issue a duplicate copy of I-751. Will they treat I-551 stamp as acceptable (in lieu of physical I-751 receipt. I have the receipt number) when I go for fingerprinting. Now awaiting the finger printing notice.

Biometrics Appointment on Saturday?

Good news. I got my Biometrics Appointment Notice today, and it is for next week! So my updated timeline is as follows:

2/11 - I-751 Received by VSC
2/15 - Check cleared in Bank Account
2/16 - Received NOA, extending GC one year
2/28 - Received ASC Notice for Biometrics for 03/08

When I checked to see what day March 8th is, I realized to my surprise today it is a Saturday. I didn't know USCIS District Offices work on Saturdays. Is this a mistake? Or has anybody actually done biometrics or visited a USCIS office on Saturday before? Please let me know.

When I checked to see what day March 8th is, I realized to my surprise today it is a Saturday. I didn't know USCIS District Offices work on Saturdays. Is this a mistake? Or has anybody actually done biometrics or visited a USCIS office on Saturday before? Please let me know.

Well, USCIS District Offices don’t work on Saturdays, BUT – it’s not where you usually get your FP and BIO done. You will have to go to the Application Support Center (ASC) and they work Tuesday through Saturday.
I have done my FP in a past on Saturday as well.
Here is a link for you, to check days and time for your ASC office:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you, MasterArcht! you've got your biometrics appt already!
I've also been transfered to VSC; check cashed a few days before yours. But, since my DO is Miami, FL, I guess I'll have to wait a little longer. Anyhow, I'm already getting a little nervous fearing that the bio appt letter might have been lost in the mail. It happened to my I765 bio appt letter back in 2005. I hope I don't have to go through that nightmare again... All I can do is wait, and be ready to call them in 2-3 weeks if my bio appt letter has not yet arrived by then

Thank you Jane for sharing that information with me. I will indeed go to an ASC, which I verified is open on Saturdays.

Things have been going pretty smoothly so far with Vermont, so keep your fingers crossed:)

Got my Bio letter yesterday.

Bio letter ND 02/21/ revd 03/01 appt dated for 03/12/08.

Hi everybody, here is my update. INS is really efficient.

Conditional status till 2/27/2008
I751 sent (CSC): 2/26/2008
I751 received by CSC: 2/27/2008
check cashed: 2/28/2008
1-year extension letter received: 2/29/2008 dated 2/27/2008

Last edited by a moderator: